Woo-hoo! "New" daily driver!

reddy351

10 Year Member
Jun 13, 2006
Columbus, Ohio
IMG_0071.jpg

1992 Cherokee 4x4 4.0 H.O. etc. $750. It needs a little bit of work/clean-up. Mechanicals are excellent. Has 168k miles. Brand new exhaust, shocks and good tires. I'm putting a drivers door on it. The window motor doesn't work, there is a dent in it and the hinge is messed up. The replacement door was $35.

Now maybe I can get some of the pile of parts I have for the 'Stang where they belong. :rolleyes:

• Sponsors (?)

Grady, I don't think I've ever agreed with you so much as I do right now

Daily drivers set limitations on the amount of work you can do to'em....my car is now torn apart because I know that I don't require it at any set time

Good luck with that vehicle man, but check the floors, I've heard alot about those cherokee's having horrible problems with holes in the floor

I love those things, the I6 is great in them and from what I remember the 4 door is better than the 2 door something about the bigger doors and the same hinge as the smaller 4 door.

I have always wanted one...hope to someday and put a 3in spring lift on with some 33's.

Is it a Manual or Auto?

:nice:

Thanks for the support!!!

I've been under it, before I paid for it. It looks like it's never seen Ohio roads in the winter.
The hinges suck. They are welded (welded!?) onto the A and B pillars. We'll have to re-weld the drivers door hinge.
It's an auto. I wish it was a manual.

My daughter is 14, this month. I plan to drive it for a couple of years and give it to her, if she keeps her grades up. For that reason, I hope I don't get to keep it.

ive got a 96 cherokee with the 4.0, and man, I love it, the engine is bulletproof, its got 196k miles on runs strong as ****; only have had to replace a water pump and neutral safety switch. Ive never had any problems with holes in the floor or anything. I will say, that thing will take some damn abuse too.I could go places in the stock cherokee that my friend could not in his durango, and i beat it in a drag race with the jeep. :D

the XJ's are great. had an 2-dr '88 4.0L I6 4x4 and it did me well the entire time i had it. only thing i had to replace was the alternator. it was a great dd... sold it to buy stuff for the stang--wish i hadn't.

i got a 99 cherokee with 164k on it now. drive 500 miles a week just going to work, thing is strong as the day i bought it with 137k on it. :nice: only thing i've had problems with has been wires sheering. for some reason, my o2 sensor wires, starter wires got cut, no idea how. i do need to put a left front axle u-joint and wheel bearing in though...