Worth getting cold air kit or just put k&n panel in?

BlownStangGT

REPEAT
Founding Member
Jan 22, 2002
Lancaster, PA
Just as the title states....this was a quick idea...I am changing plugs/wires today and I yanked out the stock air silencer and the air filter is pretty dirty, fig. with gas, I should change the filter...should I just buy myself a k&n panel filter or should I check into something like a bbk cold air kit? Is it worth it or what? $50 for a k&n panel, $140 ish for bbk kit :shrug:

• Sponsors (?)

i would'nt but the bbk kit...it's just way too expensive, you can get a cold air kit off ebay for 45 bucks....about the same price as a drop in filter. the performance gains between the two are not noticeable the cold air kit just looks better....oh and if you go the k&n route i have one with 10 miles on it that i'll sell to you for $30

Cold air kit is not worth much if any hp over the stock tube with a K&N panel filter and the silencer removed. Some folks have had trouble fitting some of the cold air kits. Only buy one if you're looking for extra bling in your engine bay, not for gains. I have the MAC and it went in fine and looks nice as well. Whatever.

If you want the looks, go with a CAI. If not the panel K&N is fine. I went with the CAI because I feel better spraying nitrous into an aluminum tube instead of a plastic one.

If you int the Lancaster area you can have my old K&N panel filter, It's got 3000 miles on it but you can use the K&N cleaning & oiling kit on it & it would be free :D

BaXTeR3221 said:
.....and nice avatar hissin, good to see you finally got one :nice:
Thanks Joe. Daggar is the one who set that all up - I would not have a clue how to resize a pic or make it move. :nice:

hamonkeiser said:
If you want the looks, go with a CAI. If not the panel K&N is fine. I went with the CAI because I feel better spraying nitrous into an aluminum tube instead of a plastic one.

If you int the Lancaster area you can have my old K&N panel filter, It's got 3000 miles on it but you can use the K&N cleaning & oiling kit on it & it would be free :D

consider it sold, or I mean picked up :D check ur pm's