Wot Air/fuel Problem

1 bad v6

New Member
Aug 3, 2015
5
0
1
here is my current issue. I have a 99mustang gt
With common boltons. Well been going back and forth with bama cause something didn't feel right with the car. So I've datalogged idk how many time. They say all looks well. Car still felt dead in forth wot. So I bit the bullet and bought a wideband air/fuel ratio gauge. I welded the bung in and installed the sensor and gauge.
Well warmed to car up to normal operating temp. And wouldn't you know I did a forth gear pull at wot. And wala problem found. At first throttle stomp goes to around 12. After 3500-4000 jumps to 14. And that is any gear. 1-2-3-4 don't matter.
Anyway sorry for long story.
Has anyone had this issue?

Thank you very very much in advance!!
 
It will actually be faster being a bit lean than rich. HOWEVER, this just goes to show why bama is not a good tune source. And don't run it with those afr's. That's too lean even n/a.

Find a local tuner who can dyno your car. Pending you have no codes, check engine light or underlying issues you should pick up quite a bit of performance for a tune made specifically for your car.

The reason they (bama) can't tell you anything is wrong is because your data logs don't have a wideband data stream on them (and its a canned mail order tune). The narrow bands move too frequently and on too small of a scale (essentially) to know what needs adjusted afr wise. Oh and they sell canned tunes to guys who don't know any better. I've tried them once and will never again. (many many moons ago)
 
It will actually be faster being a bit lean than rich. HOWEVER, this just goes to show why bama is not a good tune source. And don't run it with those afr's. That's too lean even n/a.

Find a local tuner who can dyno your car. Pending you have no codes, check engine light or underlying issues you should pick up quite a bit of performance for a tune made specifically for your car.

The reason they (bama) can't tell you anything is wrong is because your data logs don't have a wideband data stream on them (and its a canned mail order tune). The narrow bands move too frequently and on too small of a scale (essentially) to know what needs adjusted afr wise. Oh and they sell canned tunes to guys who don't know any better. I've tried them once and will never again. (many many moons ago)

Ok cool. Appreciate the reply! Yea I sadly don't have a dyno anywhere near me. That's why I went with bama. But guess you learn the hard way sometimes.
 
What are the common bolt-ons?

You description is also symptomatic of too small an injector, too small of a fuel pump, a malfunction of either, or even a pegged mass air meter.
 
I don't think a pegged Maf would be the issue. I would check the maf voltage thru data logging. Also check fuel pump duty cycle. If your hitting 5v on the maf it's pegged. And imo anything over 80% fpds you should look into a boost a pump. Not sure about injectors. May be able to check duty cycle or flow rate on them. I would resend you data logs with your new a/f readings to them. If you didn't get a connection adapter for connecting your wideband to your tuner/laptop I would invest in one.

I would say most likely you have a learn tune. I always run my tunes from them atleast +2 richer. I've had more timing issues than fuel issues with them.
 
I don't think a pegged Maf would be the issue. I would check the maf voltage thru data logging. Also check fuel pump duty cycle. If your hitting 5v on the maf it's pegged. And imo anything over 80% fpds you should look into a boost a pump. Not sure about injectors. May be able to check duty cycle or flow rate on them. I would resend you data logs with your new a/f readings to them. If you didn't get a connection adapter for connecting your wideband to your tuner/laptop I would invest in one.

I would say most likely you have a learn tune. I always run my tunes from them atleast +2 richer. I've had more timing issues than fuel issues with them.