WOW, Brian at DCC not a very good person to work with!?

I have begun to order the controller for my contour fan upgrade and have been doing a lot of research and narrowed it down to either the FAL VSC or the DCC 2sp. After emailing Brian to ask a question about still taking 4 weeks to receive the product or if he had a stock of em yet he mentioned having a blem unit he'd give me for 10.00 off. GREAT right? WRONG after asking him a few questions and granted I understand I sen many emails with questions back to him, however his answers were vague and required more explanation this is the answer I received:

"Eight emails to answer the same questions I answered in the first email. Go to summit, buy a flexalite controller"

In my opinion this is not a good answer to a prospective customer who simply has questions about your product. And questions relating to how I'd order the unit he spoke of if I simply ordered from his website. I understand my qiestions may have seemed repetitive, but i was simply interested in his product and wanted to make sure i understood its operation correctly as his website states the 2sp was for dual speed fans such as the taurus fan and that the s2p2 was for dual fans, so I was making sure the controller he offered would support the dual fans as it did not specifically state that in the description. I see what that other gentleman in the othe thread i read was speaking of when he spoke of Brian being hard to deal with. It's unfortunate, I was excited to use one of his products as there are highly spoken for, but after this I do not feel I will purchase one.

• Sponsors (?)

He said it does using the factory resistor on the fans. Low speed is wired trough the resistor on one side along with a fan power on the other side,and the high speed goes straight to the fans.Another ONE of my questions that were such a burden on his day and business practices! Lol

images

Not the first company I've seen like this. Some guys really need to hire a PR person to field the phone calls and the Emails and stick to what they're good at.

That being said, he still builds a great product. I bought one of his controllers a couple of years ago and to be quite honest, it was trouble free. :shrug:

...in any case, this doesn't qualify as a tech question. Moved to Talk. :)

That is very true, a one man army is never very effective. That being said, I was eager to try his product and I'm a little disappointed at the outcome, but I certainly won't be sending money to a patron that treats his customers like that

Years back a couple lightnings had fires start in them and there was speculation that the DCC controller was the culprit. Then i believe that guy stopped selling to anyone on the NLOC boards. Any guy that does buisness like that, i dont wanna deal with, no matter how good his product is.

90lxcoupe is right people have had nothing but problems dealing with that DCC d bag!! take the good advise to buy it from Summit for a cheaper price. Anyway im running dual flexalite fans, after the cheap controller that came with kit put me on a flatbed a couple times i ordered a great unit Flex-a-lite varable speed controller #33054 ive been very happy with it! heres some info on unit!.
http://www.summitracing.com/parts/flx-33054?gclid=CIerwYHlq7QCFcU-MgodfjcAow
Flex-a-lite variable speed controllers attach on or near the electric fan, sensing coolant temperature via a radiator probe or temperature sending unit. They set fan speed from 60 to 100 percent, depending on the built-in thermostat's setting. The thermostats have a range of 160-220 degrees F. The variable speed controllers allow greater control over engine temperature, which helps to reduce charging spikes and current load on the charging system. They keep the fans running for 30 seconds after your vehicle is turned off.

I have an absolute no BS policy when it comes to dealing with businesses. I PAY YOU. I MAKE YOUR LIVING. I'm the guy with the money in my wallet, it's your job to answer every question I have regardless of how much of a pain in the ass I may be. If i'm gonna give you my hard earned money, you can answer my questions. If this is the kind of attitude, then maybe everyone should go to Summit.

I've been saying that for years. Go to Summit, order the Flex-A-Lite VSC, and in about 3 days it's at your doorstep, without having to divine the mood of the mountain spirit and sacrifice a family of goats to find out when within the next 6 months you might be blessed with your fan controller.

I had a similar experience with the dcc controller guy a few years ago. Customer service is #1 in my book. I will never buy a product from his company. Joe

Luckily, Summit is only about 40 mins from my house, and this only gives me an excuse to actually drive down and visit their store. Il have to have the girlfriend hold on to the wallet though. I have a feeling i could get in trouble in that place:trip:

So, I was considering buying a DCC controller since my 95's controller went out (wires are compromised). But with the guy not being top-notch, for me to not buy from him I would need another aftermarket controller.

I was looking at the Summit ones, and they all seem vague in description. Anyone have recommendations?

I'm just looking for a simple, simple, set up that can kick on a low/high speed fan at 200 and 215ish areas.