Wow my ****ing wheel just almost fell off.

The Green GT

No 13 year olds are safe around me.
10 Year Member
Jan 8, 2006
Louisiana
Well I was running back and forth to the muffler shop to get my exhaust done, but I have to wait till tuesday now. But on the way there I noticed a vibration at around 45. Then on the way back it got so bad I couldnt go over 35, then I took back roads and bgot home not going over 30. I pulled over to see if I saw anything, Nothing. I got home and went look at the passenger side. I could tell it was coming from there. My tire was sticking out about 2.5 inches. :eek:
Apparently somehow ALL the lugnuts on that tire had came loose, one fell off and all the others were so loose I could tighten them by hand for about 4 turns. I dont know how they got loose. Last time I took the tire off was a few weeks ago when I lowered it, but I tightened them all with an impact. I checked the other tires, they are all fine. They dont have to take the wheels off to do an alignment do they? I dont think so. If they do though someones gonna get an ass chewing. Man I got pretty lucky on that one.

• Sponsors (?)

well you got lucky.2 weeks ago I had my back wheel come off.4 studs broke off and 1 was just bent to ****. I just got my wheels back on.18" Saleen wheels with 295 in the back. I had to get a new rim and used tire off eBay. I would check the back of the rim, if they were loose the rim was probably bounce on the studs and the holes can be mess up. If they are the lug nuts wont sit in right and that could lead to a big problem like I had.

I think someone try to steal my rims and found out I had locking lug nuts and stop, and left them loose. Because I had tighten my lugs 5days before I had my accident. Well its good to hear that nothing bad happen and that you caught.

Jesse

I had that happen too, I thought some suspension part went on the front end. Turned out that it was the drivers side rim. The lugs were loose as hell. I wont forget how it felt- now I know what all those NASCAR drivers complain about when one of their tire crewman screws up.
Nice catch man,
-fawcett

I had my tires rebalanced and rotated at Sam's Club once. Car did fine until I went to race another guy. Right as I started to pull the front wheel started wobbling like a SOB. Scared me to death. I shut down right quick and pulled into a car wash. Figured it out, and fixed the problem. I'll never forget that feeling. Definately not a good one. Luckily everything was fine. No broken studs, or messed up rims.

I went back to the place and ripped some poor guys arse in front of other customers. Bad thing was, it probably wasn't even his fault. I was to mad to find the right person first.