Wrecked The Car Tonight.

04YELLOWGT

Jun 29, 2005
Indiana
Well my friend and I had a near death experience tonight and I say this with the most sincerity. Went to Straight Line Performance to get the car retuned and the car ran GREAT to say the absolute least. On the way home we ran into some rain and with the MT DRs the car lost control going straight on I-80. In the right lane we were hitting 45-50 mph in a 70mph zone and out of no where with out even sliding at all the ass end came out and we did a 180 on the highway. The only thing I remember seeing the headlights of a semi heading straight at us maybe 10ft ahead of us at the most. The car proceeded to go around the semi and we clipped it at the semis door. I honestly don’t see how I’m even alive to write this and I must thank the good lord above for keeping us safe and alive. Incredibly no one was hurt at all, not even a scrape. My friend’s sunglasses were broke and that is it. As for the car I can’t say yet, it was towed and it was dark so I couldn’t see the damage. The bumper was ripped clean off and was still in one piece and my drivers side front fender was almost ripped off. The car did still run, very well actually, and drove a few feet too and I still had both head lights. The guy driving the wrecker said the front of the frame was damaged but I didn’t see it so there is no telling how bad it was hurt or if much at all. The bags didn’t deploy either so I hope it is salvageable, I really cant imagine it not with the “light” hit we took.

I just know I can’t thank god enough that we are still alive and no one was hurt what so ever. I’ve never felt so scared in my life when I saw those semi lights heading right at us 10ft away.

For those of you running MT DRs or any drag radial for that matter, PLEASE be careful. We were doing 20-25mph under the speed limit and we still lost control. There was no sign of problems until we were already sideways and it was too late and the worst part was we were going straight no turns, no nothing. It was raining moderately but by no means was it pouring rain and this was the out come.

The scary part was I’ve had a bad feeling about going up there and now I know that feeling I had was trying to tell me something, I usually follow my gut but this time I didn’t and I’m lucky it wasn’t a deathly mistake.

Well guys and girls I’m going to get some sleep, its going to be along day in 2.5 hrs. Peace and be careful.

• Sponsors (?)

Thank god you guys are ok, I used to drive on Nitto 555R as DD when I had them now I got nice wheels and tire , only time I use my stock wheels with MT ET is when i go to the track.
Thanks for the head's up , even when i go to the track I will be now more carefull.

Whoever was having the argument a few weeks ago with Kilgore about whether or not DRs are safe in the rain even driving "safely"...........

Kilgore 1
Other guy 0

Sucks about the car man, I hate wreck threads, but good to hear you are ok.

Whoever was having the argument a few weeks ago with Kilgore about whether or not DRs are safe in the rain even driving "safely"...........

Kilgore 1
Other guy 0

Sucks about the car man, I hate wreck threads, but good to hear you are ok.

http://forums.stangnet.com/showthread.php?t=709897

Glad to hear you are alive, when i wrecked my car i had a gut instinct to not go out that night also. That will never happen agian to me follow the gut.

Dude, not to be a dick... but what the hell were you thinking! What did you think was gonna happen at ANY speed with a tire that has NO water shedding ability, it's just a straight slick with a couple groves in it LOL... good thing you're OK, though.

If its totalled, buy it back and I'll take the full longblock :D

MT_Drag_Radials.jpg

Yea that about sums it up. With those tires I would do MAYBE 40MPH TOPS, those are VERY dangerous in the rain....you were definatly going to fast for them. All it takes is one puddle with those bad boys.
But man im SOOO sorry to hear that, that really sucks! And I hope its not too bad! We definatly need pics when you can get them.

Next time go with the nitto DRs, they are 100X better in the rain. Its been raining almost non stop for the past month here, and I just take it easy and im ok. And my front tires are about bald to boot, so it really sucks!