WTF? King Cobra Clutch Kit

Hey guys, I ordered a King Cobra Clutch Kit made by Valeo of course from a reputable business on ebay... Anyway, I finally finished building my 347 and was going to drop the motor and tranny in the car, but the throwout bearing the kit came with looked pretty awkward. Now a year before my friend ordered the same kit from the same place and his throwout bearing looked like your typical throwout bearing with the large bearing on one end and just a smooth smaller shaft on the other. Mine on the other hand, came with this weird throwout bearing which features this same basic design yet has two ridges that come out the sides of the shaft with a cotter type pin on the end of each ridge... I'm not sure if they changed the design of the throwout bearing or what, but it doesn't seem to fit in the clutch fork when I try to put it in and the clutch and pressure plate fit perfectly, so it must be the right kit... Any suggestions on this? (I would just make this simple and take a picture but a friend of mine is borrowing the USB cable for it and who knows when that'll return heh.)
thanks

• Sponsors (?)

a pic would help, i bought my kc clutch through summit and i had no problems with it, i heard that it'll go out over time and to use the ford heavyduty throw out bearing but i was strapped for time/money so we'll see how long it lasts