X-pipe Installation question, Please assist

lptheory96

Founding Member
Aug 10, 2002
Birmingham, Alabama
Getting a Jegs Xpipe shipped today. Im about to go out and try to remove the old hpipe and cats... What all tools do I need, and more specifically what size nuts?

I noticed the header bolts look larger than the ones toward the back.. does anyone know what Size sockets I will need?

Also, any other tools I will need?
Swivel? extensions?

• Sponsors (?)

Getting a Jegs Xpipe shipped today. Im about to go out and try to remove the old hpipe and cats... What all tools do I need, and more specifically what size nuts?

I noticed the header bolts look larger than the ones toward the back.. does anyone know what Size sockets I will need?

Also, any other tools I will need?
Swivel? extensions?

Sorry, I don't remember the bolt sizes for the cat-pipe to manifold bolts nor the midpipe to catback bolts, but get up under the drivers side and try different sockets until you find one that fits, same thing with the midpipe to cat back. All 4 manifold-midpipe bolts should be the same, and all 4 midpipe to catback bolts should be the same.

You'll want an 8" extension along with a universal joint to get the passenger side manifold bolts off. Be sure you install a new Ford exhaust gasket on the passenger side, too. Don't use some ghey paper gasket, be sure it is the Ford replacement piece.

Another piece of advice, liberally spray some penetrating oil on all bolts at least a few hours before you start your project. That way, you lessen the chance of breaking off the manifold studs and it just makes the job that much easier. Good luck, and post back if you have problems.

i remember my x pipe install...... lol the key is lots and lots of PB Blaster! the Driver side is a a peice of cake but the drivers is a little pain. but you'll get it man. Make sure you install the sleeve on the drivers side if it came with one ( i forgot the first time lol) good luck with it!