Yet another Newbie clutch question

88ttoplx

Jul 29, 2008
Tampa, FL
Hey guys, I'll try to keep this short and sweet. Basically my clutch is almost gone on my 88 5.0, I don't know when it was last replaced and I don't know how many miles are on the car because the odometer is busted. I'm looking into getting a full clutch kit and having it installed at a local shop down here. I was thinking about getting a King Cobra clutch but this was the only kit I could find. Here's the question, is this going to be a good kit for a basically stock car? (underdrive pullies, headers, exhaust, intake) 82-93 MASTER CLUTCH REPLACEMENT KIT, 5.0L MUSTANG
Or are there any other options for preferably less money? (I'm cheap)
And is this a complete kit or are there any other parts I need to buy so when I take it to the shop I only get charged for labor? I really appreciate all the help.

• Sponsors (?)

i would make sure the shop will do that for you, first off. ive tried that before and they wouldnt install parts they didnt order.

i have a KC in mine and its great. 30k miles so far and its goin strong.

that kit has everything oull need. i'd buy it.

Thanks for the reply 5.0Torx,
Does anyone have any experiance with the RAM HDX clutch, because that's the one that comes with the kit, and does anyone know of a complete kit like the one I posted above that comes with a KC clutch instead?
Thanks for any and all replies.