Yet another tow bill...

iLkYsPoNy

if she's a tranny then... well I'd do her.... it..
Well folks, it's been a while since I've had to post here in 2.3L Tech, but I'm back to having issues. I digress...

Recently ( past 6 months or so ) the Check Engine Light would come on and the car would not want to accelerate. Once the temp guage would move to proper operating temp, you could shut the car off and restart and it would run beautifully. Then about a month ago, the timing belt broke and the vehicle stalled. Luckily then, it wasn't being driven down the road, it was just idling. Fixed the timing belt and it has ran without a CEL since.... until today.

It broke down on my mom on the highway. The damn thing lost all power and wouldn't accelerate. The CEL came on and she pulled over and shut it off. After sitting for a while she started it back up, no CEL, and drove a couple miles. During those couple miles the temp guage moved only 1 line ( as it didn't during the whole trip but she had heat ). Once the guage reached the first line, it started to decline back down and the power was lost again. I'm not sure if that info helps or not but it might.

Any ideas? I'm planning on scanning the codes once the car gets towed to my house.

• Sponsors (?)