Good Lord $$$$$

• Sponsors (?)

Does Grundy allow you to race it? I did a qoute through Hagerty a month ago, and I thought it was a little high.

Joe
There was a box to check in the insurance application if the vehicle is to be raced.
I did not check it. Figured State Farm and all the rest will not cover you at the track, and I've been racing mine since the early 90's "at risk" so carry on.
My insurance is ~$300 a year ($301 - $310, cannot remember), but, needs garaged (mine is alarmed and camera'd), need have a daily driver 5 years old or newer and limited to 5000 miles a year.
Since I put less than 1500 miles a year it was no big deal (actually, less than 2000 miles in 3 years... so..).

Reactions: 1 users
I'm ~$300 for $10k with haggerty

My DD is 2-3 years old depending on how you look at it, but I'd hate to have to go buy a new one in 2 years just to save $100/year in collector insurance.

Reactions: 1 users
I'm ~$300 for $10k with haggerty

My DD is 2-3 years old depending on how you look at it, but I'd hate to have to go buy a new one in 2 years just to save $100/year in collector insurance.

Even my NEW DD is 5 this year. I can't imagine that they would drop your insurance because your other car became a year older. :shrug:

Thought is was 5 years or newer... may be 10 years... give them a call.
Once the policy is in place, just keep renewing online and you never have to let them know your DD is now 20 years old.
Collector car insurance gets you out of emissions requirements/testing as well. That was my big hang-up.

I live in Central Florida. I'm constantly window shopping on Craigslist for fun. You can find clean fox bodies here for two and three thousand all day long. Rust is not an issue here. My friend has had his really clean Foxbody for sale at $3000 for about 6 months. He has really only received crappy trade offers.

Just because somebody selling it said price, does not mean it's actually going to sell at that price. Good luck for dreamers.

Totally worth it to road trip down there to pick up a rust free fox for half the price they are going for up here.

Does Grundy allow you to race it? I did a qoute through Hagerty a month ago, and I thought it was a little high.

Joe

As in you hit the wall at the track and total it? Not sure any insurance covers racing. Plenty of guys have blown up motors, shot out rear axles and such at the track and then towed it back home to claim the car "done broke down" on my way home from work. Can't get away with that anymore on the newer cars with their data log computers.

As in you hit the wall at the track and total it? Not sure any insurance covers racing. Plenty of guys have blown up motors, shot out rear axles and such at the track and then towed it back home to claim the car "done broke down" on my way home from work. Can't get away with that anymore on the newer cars with their data log computers.

I know they won't cover it at the track, but several of them will not cover you at all if they know you race it. I am guessing that it has to do with you getting sued after injuring someone at the track and they find out you have a $100,000 bodily injury policy.

Joe

I know they won't cover it at the track, but several of them will not cover you at all if they know you race it. I am guessing that it has to do with you getting sued after injuring someone at the track and they find out you have a $100,000 bodily injury policy.

Joe
when i was shopping for insurance last, my normal agent was saying that it covers everywhere except the from the burnout box to the time shack. so if you get rear ended in the pits or staging, you're good but as soon your lap starts you're on your own.

that wasnt thru any of the of the "classic" car companys, and i dont know how true it really was so :shrug: right now the fox is comp only since it's in shell state, just so that if the house burns down, tornado, etc. it'll have some coverage.

Reactions: 1 user
The triple white feature car that sold was apparently bought by Richard as I see it on ebay now being sold by gasmonkey garage. I think they are playing games buying and selling each other's stuff to either drive up the prices or to get tax write offs.......

Reactions: 1 user