Progress Thread Project Copper Can

In other unrelated but equally great news I have finally broken ground for my new garage/shop. The garage will be a pole barn style 24-24-12. The benefit of having your best friend owning a excavating company
IMG_1895.JPG
IMG_1897.JPG
IMG_1898.JPG
IMG_1903.JPG
49946936651__88C3E40E-033A-41DA-AFF7-F8193810946C.JPG

Reactions: 6 users
  • Sponsors (?)

Little update and change of pace I scored a sumped fuel tank from a buddy of mine for 100 bucks. I know it's not the prettiest thing ever but it was cheap.
IMG_1921.JPG
IMG_1922.JPG

I also made an order to a local shop down near me @srtthis might know the place Henrys engineering they sell all aeroquip fittings. Here is my order sheet, 165.00 for everything. I put this same order into summit and they were almost 100 bucks more expensive.
IMG_1917.JPG

Reactions: 2 users
So definitely not coming to the turkey dinner now @84Ttop @TOOLOW91 started the car up today and drove to a buddies house and heard a weird noise got all the way there and took the hood off and am definitely hearing a knocking sound. It's not an exhaust leak and it's not a loose rocker already ruled those out. This sounds deep hoping it's not a rod bearing or anything like that. Still have good oil pressure and all but definitely not driving the car the rest of the year. :(

So definitely not coming to the turkey dinner now @84Ttop @TOOLOW91 started the car up today and drove to a buddies house and heard a weird noise got all the way there and took the hood off and am definitely hearing a knocking sound. It's not an exhaust leak and it's not a loose rocker already ruled those out. This sounds deep hoping it's not a rod bearing or anything like that. Still have good oil pressure and all but definitely not driving the car the rest of the year. :(

Oh boy . Here comes the dart big bore 1000hp killer over the winter . And I'm over here just trying to keep up with everyone .

On a serious note that really sucks I hate hearing :poo: like that

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's either do a dart 347 or a buddy of mine is selling a 80's vintage 351 block bored and stroked to a 408 with forged internals torque plate honed the whole 9 yards for 3800 I could probably get it for 3000 but then I would need new heads intake and hotside

Reactions: 1 users
It's either do a dart 347 or a buddy of mine is selling a 80's vintage 351 block bored and stroked to a 408 with forged internals torque plate honed the whole 9 yards for 3800 I could probably get it for 3000 but then I would need new heads intake and hotside
Ehhhhhhh 3800 is pretty close to dart money buddy . There is nothing special about 80s Windsor blocks .

8.2 deck mafia FTW

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
Initially I thought you were buying a longblock 408 for that price. A Dart will set you back about 4500-5k with forged internals. If swapping your own into a new block I would expect about a 3k investment(bore,cam bearings,misc machine work). Contact Jim at FordStrokers.com. He has a very good reputation or maybe Jeff can point you towards his guy?

Reactions: 1 user
I'm not gonna go that route simply because I already have this rotating assembly worst case I'll need a new rod and piston it doesn't sound deep enough for it to be a rod bearing or main bearing. Scat rods and crank and Ross -22 cc Pistons

Reactions: 1 user
I'm not gonna go that route simply because I already have this rotating assembly worst case I'll need a new rod and piston it doesn't sound deep enough for it to be a rod bearing or main bearing. Scat rods and crank and Ross -22 cc Pistons

Less talkey...more workey then jk

Sounds like a plan, what size crank do you have ( is it for a 408 is what I'm asking)