Progress Thread “Rising from Ashes 4” 93 Notchback build

95steedamustang

I tend to be on the ocd side…
SN Certified Technician
Apr 22, 2009
East TN
I’ve done a ton of treads about building my SN-95s. So it’s about time I do one on some of my foxbodies. Just like my original build thread about my 94 cobra that burned and my quest to replace it. This car holds a special place because this particular notch was my first car. I got the car in 1993 while in high school. I took my wife on our first date in the car, graduation, college and married in it. Then I sold the car in 2001 because I had 2 other mustangs. This was still when I had my senses and didn’t just hoard them. Now I could care less how many I accumulate. Regardless. Fast forward to March 1, 2017. I had a heart attack at 40 and emergency room, emergency open heart surgery 4 bypasses later, I was recovering and thinking about cars and decided if they let me out of the hospital, I was finding and getting this car back and building it how I wanted when I was a kid with no money and no skills. I was back to working in the shop about 30 days after getting out and it took me 4 months to track down and secure the car and make a deal. So July 1, 2017...I’m on my way to Kansas to get my first mustang back.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
Got to work immediately on the old
Coupe. First job was to tackle the horrible interior. I was tired of the grey the first time I had it and I have saved up a mint black interior. The seats in it came out of of a bus and the former owner paid $20 for the pair. And most who know my builds...know I like good seats. So...

Reactions: 1 users
Glad you've recovered from the heart attack! Stay healthy man! I want to know how you went about tracking down the car after that many years, and what was the conversation like with the owner when you found him/her?

Glad you've recovered from the heart attack! Stay healthy man! I want to know how you went about tracking down the car after that many years, and what was the conversation like with the owner when you found him/her?
Thanks man. I’m recovered and better than ever. It was slowing me down before I had surgery. Now it’s like I’m in my 20s again.
my first step in tracking it down was a car fax on the vin and found it registered in Wichita KS.
Then I sent pics and calls to the local drag stripes, dyno and tuning shops and got a lead from a guy who tuned it and found it. The owner had an old muscle car he was wanting to build so it wasn’t hard to make a deal considering I was the former and original owner. He needed cash for his new project anyway

Better than nice . Glad some things are working out for you. I bet you were happy to see the condition of that car after all those years. A little unusual for a fox to be taken care of like that for so long.

Reactions: 1 user
Better than nice . Glad some things are working out for you. I bet you were happy to see the condition of that car after all those years. A little unusual for a fox to be taken care of like that for so long.
It was a bonus but in all honesty. They could have dropped a boulder on it and I was taking it back and building/restoring it

Reactions: 1 users
15x12.5 / 17.4.5 wheels, narrowed and build rear end, 5 lug conversion, disk brakes all around and double adjustable rear coil overs, 6 pt Nhra certified cage all done

Reactions: 6 users