01-04 console in

Blackened302

Jul 21, 2005
South TX
got the 01-04 center console that i got from a jy ($30!) painted and installed today. i had to swap wiring harnesses after i painted it from gray to black (which i will be doing to the rest of my interior--going all black once i get the black carpet) and i'm pretty pleased w/ the results. i also painted the passenger side airbag cover and liked the way it turned out, too. i'm using the duplicolor vynil/dash spray, flat black.

dsc032534hp.jpg

dsc032510pz.jpg

Attachments

• dsc032534hp.jpg
    dsc032534hp.jpg
    7 KB · Views: 53
  • dsc032510pz.jpg
    dsc032510pz.jpg
    7 KB · Views: 63
  • Sponsors (?)

Looks great Paul. That driver seat looks mint too. I wont ask about the ball hangin off the mirror. :D J/K.

Paul man that looks sweet. I'll soon be going to black. I was gonna try not to have to dye anything but dude after seeing that airbag cover its well worth doing it. It looks great! Why in the heck did I buy a car with tan interior I've hated it ever since I bought the car.

very nice, I like that the cup holder is actually usable. I hate our flip out cup holders, the cup is in the way of the e-brake and your arm when you are shifting.

The black dye/paint looks great, looks like it came from the factory that way :nice:

thanks, gents :D

jt: hehe, wish the seat was mint but there's about a 4" tear in the cloth that's not pictured.

94-302: very functional! i drove around with a huge 32oz cup and it wasn't hard to shift at all since it sits a lot lower/more forward in the 01-04 holder than it does in ours.

chris: i agree--i hate the tan! it gets too dirty and it's hard to clean inbetween the textured grooves.

nacho: got it at American Auto Parts. i was surprised they gave me a decent price. there was another one there, but it was missing the cubby inside the armrest, which i'm sure there is another somewhere around there. i still have the 98-00 cupholder if you want it, though. i'm debating whether or not to use the $ the bank gives you for the seats--i'll let you know asap.

i'm seriously considering painting the rest of the interior w/in the next couple of days. seeing the black console and the black airbag cover makes the tan part look even more like sh1t, so i'm probably gonna do it out of pure frustration. thanks again, guys.

Punisher302 said:
thanks, matt. yeah, it fit right in, all i had to do was make sure the wiring harness wasn't getting smashed, but i'm very pleased with it. favorite part is the boot for the handbrake.

That handbrake boot does look pretty good. I dont like the way the o.e.m. hand brake boot thing is. One side is always up and looks like a beat up ******. Everything else is looking good man :nice:

WhiteDevil said:
That dye job does look pretty good. I hope it lasts.

i painted the airbag cover about a month ago and it is still impecible.

i realize a month is not very long, but i honestly think it will hold well since i've accidently scuffed it and the center console quite a few times already.