Roush 02 Dynoed

00-Saleen said:
I would have expected a tad more hp and torque but yes as everyone else has said, those are high (Great) Numbers. Ive yet to see a Series Iv in the 400hp range but ill be dynoing Saturday :D

I don't have an S4 but I can tell you there will be another S2 in the mid 400rwhp range very soon.

• Sponsors (?)

It is my understand that the efficiency of a blower is the amount of boost that it can sustain in the rpm range?

So, a series two blower may make 8lbs of boost, but not at high rpms? and an efficient blower would make 8lbs of boost at any rpm.... Is this correct?

SGOODRIC50 said:
It is my understand that the efficiency of a blower is the amount of boost that it can sustain in the rpm range?

So, a series two blower may make 8lbs of boost, but not at high rpms? and an efficient blower would make 8lbs of boost at any rpm.... Is this correct?

Yes, because the series I & II air flow and efficiency drops like crazy at higher rpm. Best flow/tq numbers are around 3000rpm, after that it's maxed out and can't handle the flow...

The perfect blower would sustain boost and air flow at any rpm... It's just like intake runners for n/a applications. Those who give more HP make less at lower rpm ! Nothing is perfect, but the 99-04 KB is best performing at low and high rpm...

Remember also, that to maximize the potential of a blower, the intake manifold and intercooler must be well designed. Those are two key components to Saleen’s Series I and II systems that are not as efficient as they should be.

I agree that a 90 cubic inch compressor is too small for our 2V 4.6L motors but Roush did a pretty good job at getting more power out of the same M90 than Saleen.

The efficiency of a blower is that you can maintain the same atmosphere pressure at sea level and higher altitudes in your manifold at all times respective to the amount of boost it creates at given rpm's. A naturally aspirated engine at sea level is more air less fuel, while at a higher altitude a naturally aspirated engine is more fuel less air. With a supercharger it is maintaining the same atmospheric pressure in your manifold at all times...thus making your motor run more efficiently.