02 GT New Tranny wit LTs:(

NitrousFedFox

Aug 16, 2007
well its tranny time and i got a nice 3650 out of florida from some guys at Promotion Performance good for 750hp...i just got tranny out 2 day..man let me tell ya it was a pain too get 2 the top starter bolt with Long Tubes on:mad: wats the best way about going too install the new trans? i hate too take a header off:( and i'll be goin with a SPEC clutch

thanks

• Sponsors (?)

You can take the tranny out with the Mac LT's tight & in place.

DRAIN THE TRANNY BEFORE YOU START TAKING STUFF APART. Trust me, that's not some stuff you want to take a bath with.Take off the drive shaft obiously & the crossmemeber (&you've already got the starter off). Take the blocking plate bolts loose from the front, then move onto the actual tranny bolts. (i forgot about those bolts & couldn't figure out why the tranny wouldn't come off :doh: ). You'll need about 2 feet of extensions & a swivel to get to the top two tranny bolts. They're hard to get to. Some people can get to them without loosening the motor mounts, some can't. I personally have to loosen the motor mounts. (plus it helps to be able to move the motor some). now after you have everything loose & all the tranny bolts out pull out on the tranny & get it off of the dowel pins.

now it'll be resting on the LT's. You're going to need to rotate the tranny counter clockwise to get the bolt ear to clear the header. then you can slide it back farther & start turning it to the passenger side of the car at the same time. It'll come right out.

Also, you'll need to have the car pretty high to get the bellhousing of the tranny out from under the car