03 Cobra

• Sponsors (?)

Im Lookin to buy an 03 cobra what prices am i lookin at here for a clean one
How many miles and what mods?

Low mileage (under 20K) and non-molested 03/04 Terminators are still going for upwards of $23k-$25K. If it's slightly modded and higher mileage the numbers are all over the place. From $21K to $30K based on the level of modification and the total mileage. best bet is to shop around. Try looking here for a good representation of what's available. (May need to register)

U.M.

How many miles and what mods?

Low mileage (under 20K) and non-molested 03/04 Terminators are still going for upwards of $23k-$25K. If it's slightly modded and higher mileage the numbers are all over the place. From $21K to $30K based on the level of modification and the total mileage. best bet is to shop around. Try looking here for a good representation of what's available. (May need to register)

U.M.

ight thanks man ill do that :D :nice:

I live in a more expensive area of the US, but I bought one about two weeks ago. 5,600 miles on it, unmolested for 26k. Some people wanted the same price around here for their 37k mile DDs. Forget about dealers, they are still trying to sell them for 30k+ if they are low miles.

^ ^ ^ ^ ^ Yeah forget dealers, they are VERY expensive. I was @ a dealer last month when I was cobra shopping and they wanted $28,500 + NJ TAX for their 2003 Cobra with 25,000 miles on it. And they were NOT budging from their price at all..infact, they came DOWN from their original asking price of $29,900 + NJ TAX !!!!

I finally found one privately that I was happy with. Prices will vary depending on what part of the country you're in. Like I paid $27k for my 04 Cobra with 14,000 miles on it...but many said that was a lot. if you ask me, it was a steal considering the prices around me living near NYC and all. And i just bought this car last month.

Guidelines I would stick to: Expect $20,000 to $25,000 for a 2003 Cobra and expect $24,000 to $28,000 for a 2004 Cobra.

Personally don't be shopping out side of that range. EXAMPLE, if you're looking at an 03 thats near $26,000 (like some are, online)...maybe you want to look for an 04 instead which would be about the same price.

Honestly these mustang forums are the best places shop around.

If you want an 03/04 Cobra, i'd DEFINITELY be looking @: www.svtperfromance.com terminator classifieds section.

ummmm i know this probally sounds stupid but do any of you guys know where i could find one for under 15k with any amount of miles on it an i dont care what the body looks like but it has to run an have a good tranny perferably auto cuz i cant drive stick that good

ummmm i know this probally sounds stupid but do any of you guys know where i could find one for under 15k with any amount of miles on it an i dont care what the body looks like but it has to run an have a good tranny perferably auto cuz i cant drive stick that good
I very seriously doubt you'll find one for under 15k, let along one that has been converted to an AT. You do know they only came with 6-speeds from the factory, right? Even totaled (wrecked) ones with a salvageable drivetrain go for over 10K.

U.M.

You want a 4V with an auto, stick with a Mach 1 and blow it. It'll be cheaper in the long run. Besides other than the configuration under the hood, the IRS rear end and a few exterior/interior differences, they're essentially the same car.

if i were to get a cobra thats all i would do soo how much would that swap cost??
Even if you did it all yourself it wouldn't be cheap. Much of it would depend on the acquisition costs of the tranny & rear end and the associated support parts. Heck you may be able to find a GT owner who is willing to trade his 4R70W/SRA + money for the T-56/IRS out of the Cobra. The stock T-56/IRS is worth more than a stock 4R70W/SRA out of a GT. There would be some additional parts required to make this all work of course. Tranny wiring harness, a PCM from a Mach, etc., etc., etc.

U.M.

Even if you did it all yourself it wouldn't be cheap. Much of it would depend on the acquisition costs of the tranny & rear end and the associated support parts. Heck you may be able to find a GT owner who is willing to trade his 4R70W/SRA + money for the T-56/IRS out of the Cobra. The stock T-56/IRS is worth more than a stock 4R70W/SRA out of a GT. There would be some additional parts required to make this all work of course. Tranny wiring harness, a PCM from a Mach, etc., etc., etc.

U.M.

sounds like to much work to me i guess i just have to learn to drive stick better :D :D :D :D :D :shrug: