Mach 1 '03 Mach 1 value in two years?

Iwvustang

Founding Member
Dec 12, 2001
Ann Arbor, MI
In two years I will be unable to get company leases as my sister is going to be able to drive, and I was wondering what your estimates are as to how much an '03 Mach 1 is going to go for about 2 years from now. Looks like people are asking about 21-22K for them on now (on ebay.)

• Sponsors (?)

i think that the mach1s will continue to depreciate at the same speed that you have stated for the next couple of years. all the excitement now is on the 05 stangs coming out. look too at the prices on bullitts now. after the 05 excitement (i'm talking general public, i personally don't care for it) wears off, then possibly the values on the machs and bullitts may at least stop depreciating or even go up in value, especially given the limited production, and the seemingly fast rate in which mach1s are getting totaled out, not to mention the fact that they both are great cars.

Any car is going to go down in value. You'll never make money buying cars but if you compare the 01 GT with the Bullett's the Bullett is still selling for around 15k here and they usually need new tires when you find one that cheap. These cars are a fanicer GT on the otherhand the Mach 1 is a 2 year production car that's different than any other model. It's actually been going up in value the last 6 months since the rebates aren't draging them below $25k.

How much you pay for any car depends on conditions. A low mileage car not needing tires or anything will bring several thousand over a high mileage car or one needing work. I don't see these cars going any less than 15k the next 3 or 4 years. Why? The GT's will keep going up in price every year and will be over 30k easy in just a couple years without all the rebates and the slow ecomony IMO.

I'm actually now going to be buying a car come April/May when school gets out. So hopefully the '05 craze will bring them within my price range by then. Man oh man would I love to have an '03/'04 Mach 1. :hail2:

I really liked the '05 concept, but I think they made the production car too plain. A little sprucing up (which im sure they will do) will make it much better.

Good Luck but check on insurance. In late 03 you could buy a Mach 1 new for 21-22k and now a year latter they are bring that. I wish I'd waited and not spent the 29k but I wouldn't trade my car for any car including the Cobra. I've never seen a used car selling a year later for the same as it was new but nobody was buying cars that was a once in a life time thing. :flag:

The 05's will be a dime a dozen in 2 or 3 years so you can pick up one of those later.