5 speed MT
55,000mi
White with black leather
Clean carfax(I ran it)
6 Owners
No major blemishes that I could find inside or out
Intake and exhaust
Lowered on some cheap 5 spokes
A couple other little things not worth mentioning.

We are deadlocked on a price so I wanted to ask y’all what you may considered paying to see if I’m crazy or not.

Last edited:
  • Sponsors (?)

No photos..! I assume this is not your first rodeo.

My thoughts...16yo car...where has it been for 16 years?..questionable mileage...been "tinkered with"...throwaway wheels (and tires probably)...unknown suspension pieces...plus "a couple of other little things."

$5k max if it is really nice otherwise and you are handy with repairs/tools.

At 16yo and >50k miles, things like struts, shocks, suspension bushings, shifter, u joints, brakes, front seat foam, and many smaller items are at or near end of service...so, $$s for parts (and labor if you are not handy).

Reasoning: by comparison, I purchased a nice 2K GT convertible 3 years ago with 80k miles...unmolested...brand new wheels and tires...for $4500. I'm a mechanic, so no labor costs...but the repair/replace of the little things plus a few minor upgrades since acquiring it has about doubled my investment.

Happy hunting!

Reactions: 1 user
No it’s not my first rodeo. I’m a mechanic myself I’ve just been out of the mustang life for a while and don’t really know what they are going for these days.

Attachments

• EF46220D-EDA5-45E8-B989-D3F24C45A933.jpeg
    EF46220D-EDA5-45E8-B989-D3F24C45A933.jpeg
    56.5 KB · Views: 122
It certainly looks nice in the photo. How is the leather on the driver's seat? Does the wear seem to bear out the mileage claim? I replaced the leather seat cover and foam on mine at abt 88k.

I've gotta tell you, the mileage suggests to me the car has sat...maybe because of an accident...maybe because of a blown motor? Who knows? At 55k miles, the car averaged ~3450 a year...which would be highly unusual across six owners. ((Note that mine is only getting ~3500 a year, but I have two other vehicles and the GT convertible a fair weather friend...so I get how you can have low mileage---but across six owners, really odd)).

Is it rust free and in/from a minimum snow state?

Adding to my purchase story. The PO (who I knew) advertised the car for $6500 for nearly a year...I made a standing offer of $4500 at about the six month point unless I purchased something else. He finally called and took it.

Drivers seat looks great but definitely not brand new/re-covered. That goes for the rest of the interior as well. For reference I checked out a 1 owner, bone stock 02 with 67k on it yesterday and the driver seat was showing wear at the typical spots from getting in and out. This car really doesn’t have that kind of wear showing. The mileage all checks out thru every driver that has owned it according to carfax. The third owner did the most driving at 6k a year. The rest averages 3500 or less. Current owner has about 1000 on it this year. I looked high and low for any signs of rust and or new paint and it really looks good. The underside isn’t rusting out but you can tell it’s been driven in rain at least. I’ll keep everyone posted on how this turns out haha

It's a clean car, but I still think it's overpriced. I've seen 03-04 Mach 1's selling for $10K that were in decent shape.

I'd put it at $6-7K, and that's only if it's as clean as it looks from that one photo and no title issues or prior accidents. In my neck of the woods, driver-grade 99-04's can be had for $3-4K with 100-125K miles on them.

Also, it's not a true anniversary car. It has the emblem yes, but there's actually an anniversary model made in 2004, and that isn't it.

Ahhhh I see. This is partially why I wanted to post this up here. Until I made this post I hadn’t posted here in about 14yrs haha That’s how long I’ve been out of the car scene. I’d love to buy one for 3-4K but I won’t buy a used car with over 70k. Had I not bought a brand new Tacoma, a boat, and engagement ring this year I’d be looking for an 03-04 Cobra. They’re popping up all over I just can’t spend 25-30k right now. Just looking for something nice to hold me over til after the wedding next year.

Last edited: