04 battery drain

Cws

Jan 21, 2019
Arizona
I've been dealing with a drain for awhile now. At one point it was 0.32 amps. Was told it was the gem. Had a replacement sent and flashed. No change. Some one before me who owned the car had a tracking system. They took it out but left part connected to the instrument panel. I removed it which brought the reading down to 0.12. What is a acceptable reading? Thanks

• Sponsors (?)

I removed it which brought the reading down to 0.12. What is a acceptable reading? Thanks
That depends upon when and how you took the reading. In a normal working car you can expect that the amp draw will drop as the various sub-systems time out and power off. So things like opening a door or turning the key, touching the FOB will reset the inactivity timer thus waking up the sub-systems involved.

So If this were my car I would be looking for inputs that could "wake" up the GEM. For example:
  • Door ajar switch
  • remote FOB
  • Radio
  • interior lights
It would also be handy to confirm IF there's any key off power into fuse F2,34, F2,2, and F2.8

1999-2004 MY fuse panel schedule:
https://www.allfordmustangs.com/for...r-swap-wont-fire-please-help.html#post2669271