04' GT. Multiple advice bullets needed

Ohgotem

May 31, 2019
norfolk, va
I just purchased my first mustang gt. 04. "48k miles" i put that in quotations because the theft light is blinking and im told that could be a swapped gauge cluster? But the carfax lined up at least mileage wise. The gauge clusters face is white. So at the very least the face has been swapped with a vinyl sticker? Car looks like 48k outside of some fading paint. Engine mods are 78mm throttle body, c and l upper intake plenum, cai, Richmond 373 gears, borla exhaust. trac light is on. tuned on a sf3 which is no longer supported and ill no longer be using but tune will stay until i get a new tuner. (possibly useless info, maybe not, so i said it anyways) But if there's anything i should know, tips/tricks wise, additional help, please do so! Thanks in advance!

• Sponsors (?)

Are you aware that the theft light is supposed to slow blink while the key is out? This indicates that the PATS system is active.

IF PATS has been disabled via a custom tune, the theft light will still blink as if PATS has not passed "prove out". The tune makes the PCM "ignore" the PATS state.

If you are interested in re-programming PATS (or trouble shooting the system), here's some information on a possible DIY solution.

ForScan ODB2 scanner w ELM327 USB

Note, ForScan is NOT a tuner. It can't be used to modify performance parameters of the PCM. It is a powerful diagnostic tool that if used correctly has the potential to fundamentally change how cars can be trouble shot and repaired.

1996+ Crank with no start check list

Last edited: