04 mustang gt clutch issue

04Turbo4v

Apr 24, 2019
Michigan
I have an 04 gt that I swapped in a built 4v with twin turbos, TR3650 5 speed. After getting it together, I noticed my clutch does not disengage until pedal is almost to the floor. its hard to get into gear. it obvisouly also grabs as soon as the pedal comes off the floor.

I have a centerforce dual friction clutch and pressure plate and spec flywheel. Stock cable and clutch pedal quadrant. New TO bearing and pilot bearing also

I have used the stock quadrant to adjust the clutch as much as it allows, but no dice. Do I need to get a aftermarket quadrant and firewall adjuster to bring the engagement and the disengagement up?

• Sponsors (?)

I would definitely install an aftermarket firewall adjuster and quadrant. Is the clutch new? I'm still in the break in process on my centerforce twin disc dyad, and the clutch releases towards the bottom.

The other thing is making sure the right length pivot ball is used. I retained the stock one.

Yes the clutch is new, stock pivot ball and fork. I figured my only option was a firewall adjuster and quadrant. I'll go ahead a get a maximum motorsports quadrant and cable, as I see the best reviews of their factory cable. Thanks 91gt

Did you set the clutch fork ball at the correct height? There is a specific dimension calculation when fitting the Centerforce clutch. I put a new ACT flywheel and CF dual-friction in my '02 with a BBK adjuster and cable. Be sure to get rid of the plastic quadrant if you haven't already. These are the softest clutches I've used for the past 20yrs.