05 gt brake upgrade to '11 brembo HELP !!

05saleen63

only selfie I've even taken was of my crankshaft
Dec 31, 2018
Mass
Doing the 2011 gt brembo package brake upgrade to my 2005.

Drivers side assembled easily, fits perfectly.

Pass side wheel hits caliper no clearance! Needs about another 1/4" so it wont hit. Am I missing something obvious? I tried another rotor to double check. Still didn't solve the problem! I'm loosing my cool here, any help is appreciated.

1st pic is drivers side

2nd pic is pass side & the space needed between wheel & rotor to allow clearance.
Cars a 05 saleen, 20" wheels, low miles, no accidents, no bent wheels.

Mike

Attachments

• Sponsors(?)

05saleen63

Dec 31, 2018
Mass
Well F me running!!!!!
After a lot of parts swaps and head scratching....
The wheels have 2 different offsets. The drivers side had more than the passenger side does by 1/4" both front and rear wheels.

So my thoughts are...

A. When I got the wheels balanced last yr they mixed up & or rotated.
Or

B. Saleen intentionally did it to correct the rear end tracking when u lower the car. Its pretty slammed.

Thoughts????

I'm gonna hang a plumb from the rear tomorrow and take some measurements to see if the rear is centered

Attachments

Last edited:

Red_LX

I’m not much help unless you’re looking for ****!
Mod Dude
Nov 29, 1999
Morgantown, WV...where couches meet their doom
My question would be, are the wheels the same width? Possibly they had a wider wheel in the rear which could possible have a different offset (although that seems really weird)? Might want to take all the wheels off and check them. That's really strange though.

05saleen63

Dec 31, 2018
Mass
Same size rims it appears. Def same size tires. Tires look the same on ea rim as far as stretch / bulge.
Some cars came with 20x10 rear & 20x8 front. This car was originally n.a. so it looks like it came with 20x8 on all 4 corners.

Last edited:

Bullitt95

10 Year Member
Jun 13, 2007
Cyprus
www.angelfire.com
I believe the Saleen came with 20x10 wheels (bigger offset) at the rear, and 20x9 wheels at the front, so it's possible that two corner wheels were mixed up by mistake.