05 GT warranty expires in 3 weeks

tr7driver

Sep 5, 2006
Illinois
I'm making a list to take to my dealer in advance of my warranty expiration. I figure I'll have them do the air bag recall and check my parking brake cable and change the oil. I have 26,xxx miles on the car.

Any suggest for other things to have them take a look at while they have it before the warranty runs out?

Thanks everyone.

• Sponsors (?)

Any suggest for other things to have them take a look at while they have it before the warranty runs out?

- Rear end moan (clutch-pack replacement - multiple TSBs on this)
- Fuel tank update (won't fill correctly or completely - applies mainly to early '05)
- Fuel sender defect (gauge sometimes reads empty when tank is full - engine light comes on)
- Throttle body / throttle by wire operation (faults to limp-in mode)
- Missing bellhousing bolts (sometimes causes a rattle - sometimes no symptoms)

Just rattling off a few things that have gone wrong on my '05...

TSB's

the only other tsb I didn't see listed in the earlier posting is on the strut tower bushings. Do you have a popping sound when you turn? I did occasionally, and the dealership is putting some lower pads in or something like that.

FWIW...I just let my warranty expire last month. Only TSB that I know affected me was the gas tank filling issue, I only experience it at about half of the stations i visit, I decided that for me personally it was better to live with than letting some flunkie at the dealership get his grubby hands on my baby.

I have owned these cars (all purchased new by me):
1992 Ranger XLT
1994 Ranger STX
1995 Contour (24v)
1997 Cobra
1997 F150 4X4
2004 F150 FX4
2005 Mustang GT
2006 F150 Lariat

Only work I've ever needed was one clutch on the Cobra at ~60,000 miles, and brakes/tires/batteries/filters/fluids on the rest....THAT'S IT!

Edit: Yeah I realize I may have just been lucky and that others have had trouble with their Fords. But I believe in not messing with it if it 'aint broke too.

Warranty

I'd get them to install a new set of plugs (with anti-seize) while it's still under warranty. If they break any, they should fix them free. You might have to pay for the plugs, but it would be cheap peace of mind.