1 Hole Pintle Ev1 Vs 4 Hole Ev6 Injector And Air Tube Question

from6to8

There's suction so I used that end O_O
15 Year Member
Sep 2, 2012
First question is options for a pipe using the elbow on the 94/95s. For the 351 I will use the fox tb setup and an anderson pipe but for this one I'll just keep the elbow setup for the 331. I've noticed that the Mac cold air appears to maybe be a 3 inch pipe. I'm not sure there are a lot of options anyway for a pipe using the elbow other than the Mac or BBk or making your own so just thought I'd ask. If there aren't any advantages or any 4 inch ones that would work with the elbow or even be beneficial with the elbow then I'll just keep what I have.

I've been advised by my builder that this indeed is the way to go as for the advantages of overall better fuel economy because of significant vaporization improvents reducing the total fuel demand and that also it will clean up the manners and drivability. Building a 331 NA, weekend driving streetcar for the most part, no track. Just inquiring if anyone has done it and what you have to say about it being worth it overall. Google took me to a thread in which a guy had the same question I had and a yr later he ended up just going ahead and trying them out. He hasn't been on since 2011 under that name anyway. He said overall his car fired up much much faster.

Here is what I just copied from that thread:

Just in case anyone is interested, I've installed the 4-hole spray 19# injectors and here is what I've noticed. I also replaced the fuel pressure regulator while I was in there:

1)It starts up faster. Before:"crank crank crank crank crank VROOOOM". After:"crank crank VROOOOOM".

2)The idle is smoother.

3)Acceleration is smoother.

4)Gas mileage seems to be up (but this may also be due to replacing the faulty thermactor air (TAD) solenoid. See #5 below)

5)Really wierd--with the new fuel injectors and pressure regulator, the self-test can determine that the TAD solenoid is stuck upstream and give a code 45 for the problem, instead of just giving 41/91 lean codes. Initially it gave a 41/91 lean code and I did all of the diagnostics to find out that the TAD solenoid was stuck. I ordered a new TAD and TAB solenoid (might as well replace 'em both), but the injectors came before the TAB/TAD solenoids did so I installed the injectors and the pressure regulator and re-ran the KOER self-test, and got a code 45, theramactor air always upstream during self-test.

Would be nice to ask him about it but like i said he hasn't been on since 2011 under that name. Might just PM him and try and see lol.

pricewise for the injectors I called a few places after matching up the part numbers. I will provide the link below. Those links I read up on and just copied and paste part numbers. Led me to a few places that carry them. There may be more places. It appears someone has some reman'd ones on ebay also. The one place have them for 63 bucks a piece. Total price he first said was 500 and something, then with a little discount 491. 491 out the door with taxes after telling him I'm military lol. Called back with another question and he said $480 he'll go at the lowest. This is a place out of Cali called 5.0 Motorsport Inc.

Another place it seems they were about $279, Summit may have them for $329 though might be EV6's but awaiting confirmation that they are 4 holes. The remand ones on ebay were $35 each pluse 4 shipping. If they charge 4 shipping per then that would be about $312 for the set but that's remand. So not sure but I may just go ahead and try them out when I get to that point. I have 24s on the wrecked car that I would have re-used though I know they will be close to max but should be fine for what I will do with the car.

links to a few things:

http://stores.ebay.com/Drag-Radial-P..._nkw=injectors

https://www.fiveomotorsport.com/bosc...700-0280155710

https://www.ebay.com/p/Fuel-Injector...5759/168969889

• Sponsors (?)

The 4-hole ev1 19# injectors come on 5.0 explorers. Usually you can get them with the intake and 65mm TB for ~$100.

They do atomize the fuel better, but not sure id spend money to get them. Pretty sure I got a set kicking around from the explorer intake setup I bought years ago

The 4-hole ev1 19# injectors come on 5.0 explorers. Usually you can get them with the intake and 65mm TB for ~$100.

They do atomize the fuel better, but not sure id spend money to get them. Pretty sure I got a set kicking around from the explorer intake setup I bought years ago
the newer ones are the EV6 4 holes and that's what I'd get. Think there would be an improvement from EV1 to EV6?

Spray pattern is better in the ev6, but I don't think I've ever seen this correlated to actual power improvement.

At the 19# level, most I'd do is explorer ev1s. Beyond that I'd put funds to other mods and upgrade to 24s, 30s, etc down the road and maybe go ev6

With that said, I got a set of ev1 30# injectors for cheap. I'm not gonna lose sleep over the fact I didn't go ev6

Spray pattern is better in the ev6, but I don't think I've ever seen this correlated to actual power improvement.

At the 19# level, most I'd do is explorer ev1s. Beyond that I'd put funds to other mods and upgrade to 24s, 30s, etc down the road and maybe go ev6

With that said, I got a set of ev1 30# injectors for cheap. I'm not gonna lose sleep over the fact I didn't go ev6

cool If I decide to change at all I'll consider those for sure:)

not sure about power as far as what he was saying but just cleaner, drivability and manners, better fuel economy