1 Wire Horn Wiring/Flaming River Column/ Horn Wiring Ideas--Help!!!

95CobraStang

Jan 21, 2004
Chico, CA
Hey Fellas-

First off, everytime I put something together, I find myself having to learn the entire system. This is time consuming, yet kinda cool because I like to know how things work.

My questions:

How do I wire up the one-wire horn system from the flaming river column?

Does anybody know where I hook up each wire for the horn relay the have provided?

Sorry for the vagueness, but I am hoping that somebody who has done this before can tell me exactly what to do.

thx,
Kyle

• Sponsors (?)

I have a pair of aftermarket horns (hi/lo). The steering wheel will accept either 1 or 2 wire horns. The steering column is set for 1.

Can somebody draw a wiring diagram of either (preferably both) setups?

My car is 110% restomod, so im not worried about anything original.

I have a pair of aftermarket horns (hi/lo). The steering wheel will accept either 1 or 2 wire horns. The steering column is set for 1.

Can somebody draw a wiring diagram of either (preferably both) setups?

My car is 110% restomod, so im not worried about anything original.

I am in the process of installing mine, I used the Ford splined column and a Moto Lita wheel. If you have a wiring diagram for the car and follow the supplied instructions, this should be a cake walk. My install required a F/River supplied relay and the wiring was pretty clear from the instructions. What exactly is the problem you are having?

Maybe I'm missing the FR instructions for the relay then.

My problem is basically this:
I have 1 horn wire coming off of the steering column, yet my car's wiring is set up for two wires. I have no idea how to wire the 1-wire setup b/c I have no directions (which looks to be the problem). I'm just not sure which wires go where on the supplied relay. If I knew that, then I'd be good to go.

Note: I'm assuming the wiring is the same for GM splined as Ford...

I am in the process of installing mine, I used the Ford splined column and a Moto Lita wheel. If you have a wiring diagram for the car and follow the supplied instructions, this should be a cake walk. My install required a F/River supplied relay and the wiring was pretty clear from the instructions. What exactly is the problem you are having?

If I can get out of work early enough today, I'll try and post what I can of the instructions I have. Two wires to your horns? Are they the same color?

You might try and contact F/R directly, maybe they would be kind enough to email or fax you a copy the instructions. Try and get your hands on a wiring diagram for you car, it sure makes things easier when doing work like this.