10.5 Rims Worth The Hassle And Work?

old_blue

15 Year Member
Nov 3, 2003
Gotta chance for a set of fr500s 17X9 and 17X10.5 but from what I have read, the 10.5 are a pain in the arse to throw on there. I have ford B springs and most the supporting hardware for the 5 lug. I currently have a set of 17X8 bullitts in the garage but I like the look of fr500s more.

I am debating on whether to buy the fr500s and sell off the bullitts I have. Just not sure I want to deal with the modification to put the 10.5 on there. opinions?

• Sponsors (?)

I will say not all cars seem to be built equally. I've rolled my lips and have factory length axles/rear end, but my tires always rub. I'm running 16 inch ARE's with I believe 255/50s on back. I supposed offset/back spacing have a lot to do with it, but these are pretty typical rims for a Mustang.

I would agree with that. I love the look of fr500s and dont mind rollingg fenders but i wont mini tu. and dont really want to beat on the inner fender well. Plus i already have some stock bullitts that would look nice on there

A buddy of mine has these on his LX and it actually went pretty smooth. I believe he has an 04 break set up so the front rim stuck out a little so to keep things in line he added a 1/2 spacer in the rear. Rolled fender lip, quad shock and he installed a set of flow master 3" tail pipes that created a little more room. He has a 286 on there now which looks surprisingly good considering the 10.5" rim, but with the re-routed tail pipes he wants to go 305 or 315.