Wheel And Tire Reccomendations

Gabe_02Ruby

Jun 1, 2017
So recently I've been thinking about getting new rims and tires for my 02 GT vert.(Currently have stock 17x8 bullits) I was originally going to get New bullitt rims quick were 17x9 and 17x10.5 with 275 in the front, 315 in the back. But recently I've started drooling over the 18x9 and 18x10.5 Satin black Rovo Durbans.... and I was wondering, if on stock height, I can run 305-315s in the back with the 18 inch Rovos and I'm not sure what a good size would be In the front. Want to be sticky because I'm planning on 4.10s soon so, what would be the best tire combo for the rovos?? Thanks.

• Sponsors (?)

I've got Rovos Pretorias on my car. I run a 275/35/18 on the front and a 295/35/18 on the rear. The tires fit fine unless you have too much drop. The rear tires shouldn't have a problem running a 305 or 315. Depending on drop you may need to roll the rear fenders.

A note of caution on the front though. I have a Eibach ProKit drop on my car, which isn't very low. I initially ran the front springs without isolators and it looked great with the Rovos. However, in harder turning the tires rubbed the inner lip of the fenders and actually damaged one of my inner fender liners to the point it had to be replaced. I put polyeurethane isolators on top and bottom of the springs to raise it up and haven't had a problem since. Rovos uses a different offset/backspacing than most aftermarket wheels and it requires you to be careful to maintain clearances on the front fender. At least it has in my case. The plus size is that you can run big brake kits with them. They also make great looking wheels, which is why I haven't changed wheels.

I run Nitto NT05s and have 4.30 gears in my car. They do a pretty good job but I'm not super aggressive driving as much as I used to.

Last edited:
I've got Rovos Pretorias on my car. I run a 275/35/18 on the front and a 295/35/18 on the rear. The tires fit fine unless you have too much drop. The rear tires shouldn't have a problem running a 305 or 315. Depending on drop you may need to roll the rear fenders.

A note of caution on the front though. I have a Eibach ProKit drop on my car, which isn't very low. I initially ran the front springs without isolators and it looked great with the Rovos. However, in harder turning the tires rubbed the inner lip of the fenders and actually damaged one of my inner fender liners to the point it had to be replaced. I put polyeurethane isolators on top and bottom of the springs to raise it up and haven't had a problem since. Rovos uses a different offset/backspacing than most aftermarket wheels and it requires you to be careful to maintain clearances on the front fender. At least it has in my case. The plus size is that you can run big brake kits with them. They also make great looking wheels, which is why I haven't changed wheels.

I run Nitto NT05s and have 4.30 gears in my car. They do a pretty good job but I'm not super aggressive driving as much as I used to.
Appreciate the response! Answered everything I wanted to know, so you reckon on stock height I wouldn't have problems with 315s in the back? I will go with 295s for financial reasons if they can handle 4.10s. 315s were just for the culmination of upgrades I plan to add but I guess I can put those off until I actually need them, cause that seems like overkill where I'm at right now.