10 sec build, help needed.

If you are using 20+#'s of boost I would sure hope you are using an intercooler. To run 10's I wouldn't think you would need that much boost though, I'm sure you could run 10's with 12# w/o an intercooler.

When referring to more hp at higher RPM and your powerband, I would think most of that is dictated by your cam. Your S/C will provide max boost at your shift point, which will be based on your cam. Just because you have a S/C doesn't change your powerband. Change your pulley if you want more boost at the same RPM.

• Sponsors (?)

Rick 91GT said:
In my expierence with any custom cam I use, the TURBO and BLOWER cams are TOTALLY different :shrug:

They work on different principles and to use them to your advantage the timing events are different. The @ .050 numbers may look similar but what is going on is very different.

From what I see,they both commonly use a larger LSA (112-114*),have more duration on the exhaust,and fairly mild lifts.

I supposed the point of a turbo cam sense there exhaust driven would be to increase the exhaust pressure?I have always understood that turbo cars run better with slightly more of a load then a blower car,doesnt that have to do with the EGTs and exhaust pressure?

89Notch

If you took a n/a 302,and threw a centrifical blower on it (like what most of the mustang people are runing for blowers),I would bet you that the power band is moved up.

Blue, I'm not going to get into an argument with you about this. I can see that you're trying to learn, but taking up a position when someone is asking for advice, and then defending it is not the right way to do that when you don't understand the basic concepts of the subject. I actually agree with you on at least one of your beliefs, but there's no point in being argumentative. All I ask is that before you give hard advice to a person asking for help, you gain a little more experience or do a lot more research on it.

If you want to discuss this I'm game, but I'm not going to argue.

Chris

FastDriver said:
Blue, I'm not going to get into an argument with you about this. I can see that you're trying to learn, but taking up a position when someone is asking for advice, and then defending it is not the right way to do that when you don't understand the basic concepts of the subject. I actually agree with you on at least one of your beliefs, but there's no point in being argumentative. All I ask is that before you give hard advice to a person asking for help, you gain a little more experience or do a lot more research on it.

If you want to discuss this I'm game, but I'm not going to argue.

Chris

Im not arguing? :shrug:

bluevenom867 said:
Now that is something I disagree with,I dont see how a turbo will beat a supercharger on the top-end,unless the blower had an unusual amount of drag to deal with.
You need to realize that if you take 2 equal engines, one turbo, one supercharged.

Both systems are made to make lets say 15psi.

The supercharger will make 5 psi @ 2500rpm, 10psi @5000rpm, and 15@6500rpm.

The turbo will make probably ~10psi @2500rpm, 15psi by 3k, and it will hold 15 psi all the way to 6500rpm... Its not falling off(unless your sized incorrectly) and it is making more boost throughout the rpm band.

These numbers are approximate... Not exact.

onefaststang said:
You need to realize that if you take 2 equal engines, one turbo, one supercharged.

Both systems are made to make lets say 15psi.

The supercharger will make 5 psi @ 2500rpm, 10psi @5000rpm, and 15@6500rpm.

The turbo will make probably ~10psi @2500rpm, 15psi by 3k, and it will hold 15 psi all the way to 6500rpm... Its not falling off(unless your sized incorrectly) and it is making more boost throughout the rpm band.

These numbers are approximate... Not exact.

This is why I want a turbo, full boost at lower RPMs is better than full boost at redline only.