15x10 Wheels Too Big?

NYTMARE

Founding Member
Apr 14, 2002
York, PA
I was wondering whether or not 15x10 Draglites would work on the rear of my 1990 LX. I have stock springs and shocks with some HPM Mega Bite Jrs. on right now, and will be putting 4 cylinder springs on the front shortly. I also have dumps, so tailpipe clearence isn't an issue. I am only running 15x7 rims on there now, and I don't want to roll the fender lip or anything like that. I was told the quad shocks will have to be ditched and that the wheels will only work with 6.5 inch backspacing? The Draglites will have a 275/50/15 tire on them. Let me know if you guys know anything that can help me decide what to do.
Thanks, :flag:

• Sponsors (?)

5.5" backspacing w/quads...tends to push the wheel/tire outside the wheel well. 6.5" backspacing w/o quads... :nice: Uh, yes you will have to roll the fender lips and maybe take a BFH to the inner fender...sorry. It kind of depends upon the tire that is sitting on that rim as some bulge out a bit more than others of the same size.

Thanks for some replys! :D
The wheels have that I may get have a 5.5 bs, so it is gonna stick out a little, I guess. I am gonna remove the quad shocks, so this should help from what I was told by some other people. I am gonna run a 275-50-15 BF Goodrich Drag Radial. Anyone have any pics of their 15x10 setup?