1965 Mustang Seat Track Extending

Gardgriff24

Nov 3, 2016
Hi, anybody out there ever extended their seat track for more leg room? Needing to do mine so I can get about 3" out of it. Have any measurements,pictures of it? You can text them to me also, Thanks, Mike 360-200-2101

• Sponsors (?)

I haven't done it, but have seen it done, but I don't think it was 3 inches.

Get some 1/4"x1" flat bar and pull your seats out. The seat has threaded inserts for the bolts. You'll need to cut the bars roughly 3" longer than the distance between the front and back holes. For ease of explanation, lets say the holes are 12" apart.
You'll drill 4 holes in the bar, one pair is 12" apart and the second pair is also 12" apart, but 3" back. The outside holes are finished, but you'll need to countersink the inside holes, but from opposite sides. You'll also need 4 countersunk screws that match the thread of the bolts that hold the seats to the tracks as well as 4 matching nuts, I'd use nylocks. Place a countersunk screw in the 3rd hole back, and while holding that screw by the threads, lay the bar on the upside down seat and line up the 2nd and 4th holes to the front and rear threaded holes on the bottom of the seat. Use a countersunk screw in the 2nd hole to bolt the bar to the seat. Use an original bolt on the 4th hole. Do the same to the other side of the seat. Now take your slider and lay it on the upside down seat extend-o-rails and use an original bolt and a nylock to attach the rails to the 1st hole. Put a nylock on the threads of the countersunk screw sticking out of the 3rd hole and use an impact to tighten it up. Install your seat.