Interior and Upholstery 1967 fastback 3-point harness in the REAR. Need advice.

Hey guys and gals,

I'm fairly new to the site but have been reading non-stop the past couple of weeks. I really love the help and camaraderie in here.
So, I'm hoping you all can help. I've recently acquired a 1967 fastback, mostly stock.

I'm looking for advice on putting 3-pt seat belts in the REAR of my car. I've searched the forums here and elsewhere and ....bupkis.

Anyone have any success / failure with this or simple have a great link to someone else install photo's or video?

I'm doing 3-pt up front with the existing shoulder hole in the ceiling. My car was mfg in August of 67 so it has them factory.
I know some people don't like the "triangle" but I'd rather have that than cut any holes in her I don't have to.

That being said...I've would be more than willing to drill in the back if it meant giving my kids a 3-pt harness back there.

Currently there are NO seat belts in the back. I understand the complexity of the fold-down for belt positioning, but
I'd really like to learn from someone else's experience here if I can rather than my own mistakes.

Thanks for your time and keep on keeping on!

Kai

• Sponsors (?)

I once took the FB rear seat out and installed a kids car seat but was too hot with that big ole glass above it. Made wifey mad and the kid hot.
Later I added lap belts to the back of my fast back, 3 sets, for 3 kids, and we cruised for burgers and fries regularly. Middle set was different color to help with the belt confusion. Hey they were small and adults don't fit that "seat" anyway.
But I never heard of anyone going for 3 point seat belts in the back of fast back mustang! 3 point Belt will go across kids face back there won't it?
You go Man! Post a pic if you get it figured out.

@2Blue2

Thanks for the reply. I would prefer 3 point in the back but it's not an absolute. As I said I have not been able to find anything on it and was hoping to cheat and gain from someone else's experience. It sounds like you maxed out the belt option in the back

I may just end up with the standard belts.

But, if I get adventurous I will definitely post solution.

Kai

Reactions: 1 user