1967 Fastback Headliner Bow Issue

Arian

Jul 28, 2012
The previous headliner bows were worn and rusted, so I purchased a new set online.

I immediately noticed, that none of the bows sit flat against the roof and I'm not sure what to do in order to fix this issue.

There's about 1-2 inches between the bows to the roof. This is my first time installing the headliner, so if I may be doing it wrong please let me know. I know the bows are going in correctly, and if I pull them towards the roof it would fit perfect. I'm worried about bending the bows and screwing this up.

I'm positive that the bows are in the correct order and correct holes.

Any input would be appreciated.

• Sponsors (?)

it sounds like they are not the correct length ,with the propper length they should fit tight to the roof when fliped up and in the propper holes, what holes are you using?
there should be two one slightly higher than the other for each end, if you still have the old bows i would check them for length, can you post a pic?

Whoa, dejavue your avitar pic is almost a dead ringer for Johnnys car coool
must be an alternate universe type thing
IMG_1203.JPG

I am stuck on this right now. I bought repro headliner bows and do not know the order. Comparing the bows by eye it looks like there is a long, mid, and shorter bow, no color coding on them. Can anyone help with this? I plan on starting this tonight on my 67 fastback and finishing tomorrow.