1971 Mach 1?

Davon Ervin

Mar 27, 2017
Hello,

I purchased a 2006 mustang GT in hopes of having that old school muscle car feel but now I am interested in trading that car in and buying a 1971 Mach 1. Is this a smart decision? I adore just about everything about the car! I plan to test drive one soon and I found one for 30k. is that to good to be true for this car?

• Sponsors (?)

Long ago, I saw an article saying stay away from 1971s, something about the body, front fenders, or such, can't recall exactly why. Anyone else heard that? imp

Reactions: 1 user
Well ,i like the 71 -73 ,they just arnt as popular as the earlier years ...yet. Right now ,unless it is somthong really special that is quite a bit for a 71 -73.
The only thing wrong with a 71-73 is that view out of the back window ,if you want to back up you almost need some one to guide you ,especially if it has a spoiler and louvers ...other than that they handle great

Reactions: 1 user
30k for a 71 - 73 is a lot ,unless it is somthing really special ,is is completely restored ,what motor ,transmission ? I would check it over very well for that price

Here is the link http://www.kriegerford.com/exotic-u...g+Mach+1-7d8595560a0e0ae84305275ce7e268a4.htm

I do not know much about classic mustangs! But I would love to learn and i adore the 71-73 Mach 1s. I have no idea what's a good price range or how to look for flaws. I was planning on bringing my mechanic with me.