1976 ii

Nickybull

Jun 13, 2020
New Jersey
I have a 1976 mustang stallion I bought a 1988 5.0 Convertible just for the drive train for the 76 is it possible to do an engine swap with this motor it is an original V6 car any info would be helpful thank you

• Sponsors (?)

Welcome....and yes.
The engine should drop right in with v8 mounts, the trans I think may need a little bell housing clearance, but I'm sure there are people on here who can help you with that. My only experience has been with a stock v8 car and the one I'm currently working on which required the removal of the firewall and trans tunnel to fit...

Reactions: 1 user
Hey Nickybull,

read my build thread ;-) There is a solution how I used the V6 frame support brackets from the MustangII with rubber mounts from a F150 and a piece of rectangular tube.
The AOD is huge! I have a T5 and used some 65-66 289 exhaust manifolds because of the fitment (the original MII manifolds are rare and cost their weight in gold). With the AOD there will be even less space. If you want to use your AOD with long tubes and keep a good drive line angle you sure need to redo the transmission tunnel...