Interior and Upholstery 1978 King Cobra missing radio delete panel

Jul 23, 2018
colorado
My KC came from the factory with next to nothing, not even a radio. So I am trying to find a radio delete plate or make one. The problem is I can't even find a picture of what a Mustang II delete plate even looks like. If anyone has a link to a visual of one please let me know.

• Sponsors(?)

LILCBRA

I started this morning by knocking out some studs
10 Year Member
Dec 6, 2005
Marietta, Ga
I've never seen one myself, I thought they all came with an AM radio standard......

Noobz347

Stangnet Facilities Maint Tech... Er... Janitor
Admin Dude
Jan 4, 1985
Box behind Walmart
www.stangnet.com
Much thinking out loud below this line:

You could have used any old piece of textured ABS to match that. I thought you were looking for one with a tray/cubby (which I don't think I've seen in many years).

If you're handy with a computer or know someone who is, I might suggest 3D modeling that before you install it. You could [then] modify it and re-print it to include the tray in an ABS material that is nearly identical to that one.

Yes... I have thing for 'maker' technology.

Jul 23, 2018
colorado
I didn't think there were different styles. With the metal radio plate right behind it, I wouldn't think a cubby hole would work. As to the simplicity of the design, I'm a little disappointed it didn't say "Mustang" on it. It just has two hollow shafts on the back to secure it to the metal plate. Instead of 3D modeling it, I think first I'll try cutting up a broken Mustang II dash assembly for the grain pattern I have, to make copies and experiment with them. I hope to come up with an easily detachable version for a hidden radio.