Interior and Upholstery 1978 King Cobra missing radio delete panel

My KC came from the factory with next to nothing, not even a radio. So I am trying to find a radio delete plate or make one. The problem is I can't even find a picture of what a Mustang II delete plate even looks like. If anyone has a link to a visual of one please let me know.

• Sponsors (?)

Found one, thanks to Mustang II Specialty.

Attachments

• IMG_1585.JPG
    IMG_1585.JPG
    393.5 KB · Views: 337
Much thinking out loud below this line:

You could have used any old piece of textured ABS to match that. I thought you were looking for one with a tray/cubby (which I don't think I've seen in many years).

If you're handy with a computer or know someone who is, I might suggest 3D modeling that before you install it. You could [then] modify it and re-print it to include the tray in an ABS material that is nearly identical to that one.

Yes... I have thing for 'maker' technology.

I didn't think there were different styles. With the metal radio plate right behind it, I wouldn't think a cubby hole would work. As to the simplicity of the design, I'm a little disappointed it didn't say "Mustang" on it. It just has two hollow shafts on the back to secure it to the metal plate. Instead of 3D modeling it, I think first I'll try cutting up a broken Mustang II dash assembly for the grain pattern I have, to make copies and experiment with them. I hope to come up with an easily detachable version for a hidden radio.