Status
Not open for further replies.
  • Sponsors (?)

So inquiring (and not wanting to buy 2) minds want to know. What compressor and specs did you have and what are the specs on this one? I need a new one. The old one is only like a 10 or 12 gallon tank and it doesn't hold air now even with the shut-off on the tank closed. It won't run a DA more than 45-60 seconds. I was looking at the 20ish gallon ones HF has.

Bought the porter cable version of that at tractor supply last year for around $440 out the door on fathers day. Definitely nicer than the craftsman 33 gallon that served me for 10 years before it died.

Joe

I wanted a little orange led in my knee panel that comes on whenever the electric cooling fan is running. Had to get them on eBay from a Chinese supplier. Couldn’t buy just one. Had to buy lot of 10. They were cheap enough though. Now I have one in my knee panel and 9 in the gizmo drawer.

Well.......whew...

Put me in a bar by myself.....on this night.

Feed me, and imbibe me with 3 glasses of Tullemore Dew ( my fav)

Put a dim bulb, racist, hater phck next to me, and let him start talking to me....

First he drops a derog comment about all black people.....
I let it roll off....
We get into music and bars....he goes to the ones my wife and I frequent....He appreciates some of the same stuff I like.
It's like it's pre-ordained...he just hates too many people for no reason other than the color of their skin...he starts spouting off about stuff that steered straight towards politics..

Something about a wall....

And it's on.

I go to this place a lot. The owners are cool late 20-early 30 somethings that employ all sorts of folks...I know for a fact that a couple of the bartenders are gay.

Just to get it out of the way,....my youngest son is gay.

The guy to my right starts off on his drunk rant,... Mostly misinformed right wing bull sht, augmented by the blatant fact that he hates........all people of color.

It starts to eat at me....but it doesn't take long.

What started as a civil conversation, evolves into a lecture...mostly by me, but with occaisional fear monger bull sht coming out of the mouth of this waste of space sitting on the bar stool to my right...

" Clinton has never been prosecuted for her crimes out of fear of assassination" by who, I had no patience to hear.
Something about "Had I ever read the xxx radical conservative news that corroborates that?

" Really? How far down do you have to dig before you get the kind of information that confirms your racist belief bull sht?"

"What should I believe then...CNN?" Drunk fck asks...

"You should seek the middle" I tell him.....As long as you are content to read the far right crap you are being fed, augmented by the fact that you hate everybody that isn't white...you're gonna be content to go to a rally somewhere and chant lock her up, and build that wall."

It gets louder. Negative Obama statements, the N word,..he wasn't an American...E...Trump is different,..he's a business man.... I ask the guy how many lies does it take before the business man is forced out by any other board room, in any other corporation in the world....

I ask him if he has a problem with gay people? "Not any color of gay in particular......just gay in general".......He does.

I'm visibly pissed now...I decide to tab out...I get my tab,...scribble my sig, stand up, and face the barely lit bulb. I tell him good night, we shake hands and thank each other for the conversation and I walk out of there. I yell something out loud enough to be heard by people sitting outside smoking....I hear faint laughter.

I get about a block away before I worry about how I tabbed out... " Did I tip the waitress?"

I turn around and go back....the waitress was one of the people sitting outside when I left..

She says that it was getting testy in there,...I said that I was sorry. She said that it was no problem,....she wasn't particularly found if the other guy,..but she found it comical as we both left. Starting with me,...mumbling out loud that I had to spend the last 90 minutes sitting with a racist stupid fcker as I walked to my car.....

A 100% electric car.....built out of carbon fiber made in plants powered by renewable energy,..using hemp as a primary ingredient in the upholstery, with leather accents tanned with oil from olive leaves......

Followed shortly thereafter by the drunk phck that gets in a red, noisy, jacked up pick up truck.....

She says I kinda figured that there was an argument that may have revolved around core values,...just by what kinda cars you both left in...

The car isn't me,...id just as soon be driving a pick up truck...

How can you judge a person by the color of their skin?
How can you hate somebody because they don't speak your language, Go to your church,..believe in your God?
What right is it of yours to condemn somebody for their inherent sexual prefence?

Stay in your lane..live your life, let others live theirs, and stop hating people that aren't you.

Last edited:
Don't worry Mike as the only other Democrat on the site I got your back bud.
Crap, I’ll have Mike’s back against some dumbass redneck.

Conspiracy theorist are a group I just don’t entertain. Lots of people study just enough to “prove” what they believe and stop learning at that point. A self made idiot.

Some people are just stupid Mike. It’s a fact. And it’s real hard to fix stupid.

Reactions: 1 user
As the resident Republican black guy....I'll say this...

Ignorance comes on both sides of the aisle. I've had issues with every president in my lifetime and I'm always good for a debate.

As long as we stay so hugely devided we will never get this country where it needs to be. Being black I'm supposed to believe that I'm a victim....and women are victims...and homosexuals are victims...and same sex bathrooms for my kids are OK. Hell...I'm supposed to even agree with putting a dress on a 5 year old... Oh...and legally purchased firearms are bad.

Lately, I've been keeping my views to myself because of the backlash I receive. The only people here that are supposed to be free are straight white men....they are the enemy of all....and yet I see them struggling the most with openly discussing their veiws....or views similar to mine.

For me color doesn't matter. I've seen a bunch of racism first hand. My best friend was a neonazi when I met him. I'm the only black person that's ever stepped foot in a lot of my ( mixed ) wife's families houses. They'd make jokes about ropes and buckets...even flash Klan memorabilia in front of me. I've gotten very close with the worse one and know I can call on him for anything.

His pre judgement is just like the waitresses. Because of the car you chose to drive she prejudged you.

If I were white I'd probably have an issue, too. I'd be the first to open a white history museum in a major city...or maybe start a white people meet com...or a white planet web site.

The media groups don't help, either. All this crap is designed. All our views are controlled by the information we digest. As a black man there really are no decent images of me...unless you count Samuel Jackson. Lol

We are all caught in this circle of :poo:. Until we realise that we all are Americans and stop trying to impede on other people's rights we will never have this country where it needs to go.

When people push views ahead of another it hurts the other parties freedom. These things are getting out of hand...

I pray for this country :flag::flag::flag:

( just cause I pray doesn't mean I expect everyone to pray with me...or believe in a higher power...)

Last edited:
Reactions: 6 users
Moving on past the ignorance,.....and back to car related stuff again..

The Compressor was delivered this morning....ill say this about that..

You can go to HD.com and buy this thing. They sell it for 509.00 now. They'll charge you 75.00 to deliver it, and now like several other online resellers out there,...they charge sales tax.
When you total that all up, it comes to something like 634.00. It won't be delivered for 1-2 weeks.
Or,..you can go into the store..
They charge 509.00 for the thing as well, 79.95 to deliver it, and sales tax...only you can get it delivered the next day.

When I went into the store, I was hoping to find a refurb/returned item that could be bought for less, but not today. I go to the customer service desk, and ask the guy to total it up....it's like 650.00.

I ask the guy if there is any incentive to buy it from them instead of online, to which the guy says "nope".
I ask to speak to his manager, telling him that I was trying to do business with their local store, and if they were not gonna give me any incentive to buy it from them, I may as well go and buy the damn thing online..( I didn't tell home it was gonna take up to two weeks to get the online one)
He fidgets around and throws out "We'll deliver it for 59.00"
Whooooo!!
I stand silent for a minute,..hoping that he'd pull a rabbit out of his ass, but since no brown bunnies started hopping out of his butt,...I give in. I buy the thing.

It's slotted to show up at 11:00 AM on a pallet. While I'm waiting, I finish the cyclone center section...I'll just say that I think it still needs something now that that is done.
20190228_152637_zps7vpe29ls.jpg

When the delivery guy gets there, he drops the thing in front of my garage door, has me sign his iPad, and off he goes..Now I have to get this thing off of that pallet, and into the garage by myself. The spec says that it weighs 255 pounds. I realize that that means dead lift, but it is a vertical compressor with its motor, and compressor on top..I expect that it will be very heavy once it starts to tip over onto its side. I go get a moving blanket fold it several times over and lay the thing on the ground.. I unbolt the compressor, and lay it over on its side, on top of the moving blanket.
There was a brief moment that I doubt that I'll ever get the thing back upright again by myself,..but this is me were talking about..and I'm much stronger than I look.:rolleyes:

20190228_152318_zpsndhwkxqd.jpg

It's bolted in place and wired with a dryer cord so that I can just unplug my welder, and plug this thing in instead. I made a little hooky-doo to hold the plug when the welder ( or compressor) isn't the thing currently plugged in. I gotta get some sort of regulator plumbed in, as well as a filter dryer and a manifold type of airline system with drops and water traps..but that isn't gonna be necessary until I actually start to consider pointing a paint gun at things.

It is the fix for what ailed me though,....the little compressor pales by comparison:
20190228_152333_zpsndwpjykz.jpg

20190228_152343_zpsfwonoiqq.jpg

Just shy of 3 times better across the board..3 times better capacity, 3 times more airflow...about 1/2 as noisy.

• Agree
Reactions: 4 users
Back to the political stuff. Regardless of your opinions, never argue with an idiot. People who are watching may not know the difference.

...oh, and btw, rednecks come in all colors. It's a behavioral thing, not a skin color thing

Reactions: 1 users
Statement: you can fix stupid, but it's illegal.
Question: does the new compressor have rubber isolators on the feet? My friend had one without the rubber toes and every time he used it the damn thing tried to walk out the door!
It'll walk if it's not bolted down..the red one at the other house would move around, and make clanking noises every second that it ran due to the feet vibrating on the cement. I knew straight away that I'd have to bolt it down this time around.

Mine sets on rubber pucks bolted to the feet, don't go nowhere.. it may be a little quieter too.
it was pretty funny watching that guy's compressor try'n to escape but then I think we were 'under the influence ' then.
i feel your pain moving those things around, I've moved mine like three times.

Our country is now made up of politicians like Trump and AOC. We are officially screwed. Trump hugged and kissed on KILL JUN UN and pretty much said Otto Wambier got what he deserved. AOC partied like it's 1999 because she killed TWENTY FIVE THOUSAND jobs pay ONE HUNDRED FIFTY THOUSAND a year.

We are screwed. By the time I finish my car, gasoline will be more illegal than guns!

Luckily, I can watch Mike finish the Monster. The taillight panel is looking good.

Last edited:
  • Sad
The tail lights I like.

Only problem is people following you saying I have you now, skywalker....

mi6computergames.jpg

As for the rest, yeah, It's all Politically Inept, isn't it?

polliticallyinept.jpg

It's the 5ame 5ame sh1+ dead flowers

I'll give you a daisy, a daisy.... even if they are dead.

But sometimes its better to hang out between the biggest parakeets in town.

That's why I like it here....

Status
Not open for further replies.