1979-1982 Cowl hood options

I'm in the market for a 4" cowl hood (not a pin on/ lift off) for my 82 mustang, and the number one recommendation I've seen most places for my year is HO Fibertrends, and unfortunately he isn't taking any new orders until July. I was wondering if anyone had any other recommendations for places they've had good experiences with. I'm very limited based on my year, which sucks. One was BMC extreme customs, however they have a LOT of either 5, or 1 star reviews...

• Sponsors (?)

I got a 2 in for my 82 at Spring Break Shootout two years ago. He had one in stock, but I had it delivered. I will look up the vendor and get back on here.

Reactions: 1 user
82GT.jpg

I know it's not what you asked for but this look is hard to beat in my opinion.
*Google picture*

Reactions: 3 users
Found it.

My 82 two in cowl hood is from Champion Hoods and Products. I got the bolt on, and it test fits perfectly. Need to paint before install. They are in Cincinnatti.

Call us today at
513-531-6640 or
click here to ask a question

I note they dont show this hood on their website now, but my 2 in is part no COWL-106.

Last edited:
Found it.

My 82 two in cowl hood is from Champion Hoods and Products. I got the bolt on, and it test fits perfectly. Need to paint before install. They are in Cincinnatti.

Call us today at
513-531-6640 or
click here to ask a question

I note they dont show this hood on their website now, but my 2 in is part no COWL-106.
They were one of the places I ran across, however their reviews on google, and a lot of the posts on the forums said they had pretty bad quality/fitment and customer service. They were the absolute cheapest option though

I'm in the market for a 4" cowl hood (not a pin on/ lift off) for my 82 mustang
Make one out of steel. Get a second hood, cut it and build it to the shape, style and height you want. The best part, you still have factory hood latch, hinge and structure so you don't need to worry about hood pins or fiberglass parts breaking and hoods flying off. Yes it will be heavier than a fiberglass hood but more peace of mind. You will also definitely have something different than everyone else (who else builds custom steel hoods anymore).

again, not what ur lookin for.
I'm the (1st gen bronk) guy w/the 6 or 8 'raise ur hood' solutions for our rig (typical low hood '60s/70s fords have gone on past those yrs it seems). 1. Use low rise carb, 2. Remote a/c or use of carb hat, 3. etc, etc... sometimes U hafta use 'em all (not just yours, the scoop). Can U try or use more?