1979 fox project

MustangGlx

Apr 2, 2003
Connecticut
ive got a race prepared 302 that im going to be putting into a 79 hatch, 6cyl car so i can bypass emissions testing and get it registered, ive got a tranny and a rear end for it, i know im gonna need to do suspension and what not, but i was just curious if any of you could tell me what springs to use, i wanna lower the car 1.5 or 2 inch. also who makes good strut tower braces, and what other suspensiopn/handeling components should i use, i wanna do this all right the first time so i dont gotta go back and replace stuff. btw, the motor made 425hp 395tq at the rear wheel in the 84 i got it from. If any of you have any other tips let me know, it would be greatly appreciated. thanks

• Sponsors (?)

93 LX said:
Well not to rain on your project but you do know that the 6 cylinder K member will not fit a V8 engine.
Yes it will, if the six cylinder is a V6. The 2.8L V6 and 3.3L I6 engine were both available in the '79 model year.

ive still got the 84 i got the motor from, i kept it because i knew i was going to be needing a lot of parts off of it that i didnt really wanna buy. so i figure i qill have everything i need, i just gotta go through and figure it all out. also i had a thought, how much rewiring is going to be involved if any, will the wirirng in the 6 accomedate a v8? plus who do you recocomend for chassis support and handeling products and does anyone know of a good aluminum cleaner and a good aluminum polish? thanks

Well different springs are for different purposes, do you want just daily driver springs, drag racing springs, road racing springs what? coil overs or conventional?

Just finished an inline 6 to V8 swap.

We had extensive wiring in the car but none for the engine cept for a couple sensors and the coil... this is because we opted to swap out the complete interior, front end and rear end for 87+ Mustang looks.

Basically all the wiring in the engine bay is "GONE", buy a none electric choke carb. Run the basic wires to the coil, which I also swapped over to the DRIVER side.

Get a coil, attach it somewhere on the frame rail, 2 wires, one ground and one to the battery... thats all for spark.

Now for the fuel pump, I suggest the HOLLEY BLUE+REGULATOR setup for $110.

I put the fuel pump right on the shock tower next to the brake fluid filler.

You can attach it right in the engine bay and dont need to go to the rear. Run a ground wire to the chassis and one to the coil.

Once the engine is OUT of the car, things will start to get more clear for you. If you need any help IM me or EMAIL me: [email protected]
OR [email protected]

BTW is it the I-6 or V6?

If its the I-6 you have a few more tasks to do.