1981 high idle after 1 barrel carb change

I'm hoping someone can lend me some guidance. I have a 1981 mustang with a 3.3L inline 6. i recently changed the old 1 barrel carb out for a new 1 barrel carb. The connection went fine. When i started the car it idled straight up to 2100 RPM's and doesn't calm down. All vacuums are plugged into where i think they are supposed to go. Does anyone know of a vacuum diagram for the inline 6 with single barrel carb application? Any advise would be greatly appreciated.

• Sponsors (?)

Choke may need adjusting or maybe the high idle cam is stuck and not dropping. Sometimes you have to slam the throttle to the floor for a quick instant to back it down after the initial start.

Choke may need adjusting or maybe the high idle cam is stuck and not dropping. Sometimes you have to slam the throttle to the floor for a quick instant to back it down after the initial start.
thanks for the advise. I found a vacuum leak at the base of the carb after I posted that. Got a new gasket hopefully that will fix it. If not I'll check your suggestions. Thanks again.