1985 Dominator Gt

Drich35

Dec 26, 2016
I have googled these Dominators and havent found much on them. Theres one for sale for $3,500 near me that needs some restoration that was originally maroon but repainted black. I did see there was different performance stages on these and this one is apparently a 5.0 4v ho engine. Would they really come out in 4 lug wheels and a performance package? I have seen several people looking to buy these so if i dont need it i can let someone know where its located.

Attachments

• IMG_1944.JPG
    IMG_1944.JPG
    181.7 KB · Views: 380
  • Sponsors (?)

What a neat find. If i ever finish the two mustangs I have, i'm going to dig for one of the stage III Dominators. I think only 27 were made. Do you know what stage that one is? Is it an '83 or a '84?

I think most of the 27 were made in '83 (though it could have been '82?) because Summit Ford was worried about the EPA giving them sht about the emissions of the ones that had the built engine. Though that would be awesome to have one.

Still, none of them are slouches by the period comparisons. Hooker LT's, ignition upgrades, functional hood scoop and the rest of the little stuff.

I live in Oklahoma, so I have a decent chance of finding one. Midwest cars.

Do you have more pictures of the car?

I have ran across it on the swap a few times and he doesnt have much for pictures. Its an 85 but im clueless on what performance package it has. If you want i can see if he will send more pictures and try to get some data. I want fox body but spent so much on my 96 i am stuck with it for now unless he wants to trade.

Reactions: 1 user
I wish I could take on another project. I don't get along with my wife very well without my two foxes, a third might cause a little turmoil.:shutup:

Not that I wouldn't want it, just not enough places to hide it.

I believe everything starting in late '83 on were stage ones. Again, not that that is bad.

Post a new thread on Four Eyed Pride, I bet someone there would leap at it. I'm not sure if the guys here appreciate what a t-top Dominator is.

Two years from now, i would be all over it. I'm finding I'm the type that likes to build stuff. Though i won't be giving up my '83 even after it's done.

Hi Guys
I run the registry for the Dominators. Need to clarify some of your information. This car is a stage 1. The numbers posted for Stage III Dominators is not correct. There were no more than 5 produced.

This car would be a great candidate for restoration. Thanks for your interest in the Dominators!

Steve

Hi Guys
I run the registry for the Dominators. Need to clarify some of your information. This car is a stage 1. The numbers posted for Stage III Dominators is not correct. There were no more than 5 produced.

This car would be a great candidate for restoration. Thanks for your interest in the Dominators!

Steve
Only 5! Jeez, I wonder if all of them are accounted for?

Reactions: 1 user