1986-95 MUSTANG V8 REAR UPPER BRAKE HOSE BRACKET

Blueinfan

Mar 18, 2021
Temecula
Thank you all for helping me on my build!

Sadly today when I was installing the REAR UPPER BRAKE HOSE BRACKET I stripped it. I was following LMR’s instructions to tight the screw to 35lbs n that was too much. So now have to replace thee bracket n flare the brake line

Any recommendations on how to do this?
What is the real torque on this?

Attachments

• AC7E8C49-9545-4135-84BF-5CAC2795FB29.jpeg
    AC7E8C49-9545-4135-84BF-5CAC2795FB29.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 121
  • 92E1D0EE-F942-4CFB-812C-CDA1DA0BA36B.jpeg
    92E1D0EE-F942-4CFB-812C-CDA1DA0BA36B.jpeg
    316.6 KB · Views: 99
  • 17E390AA-D9CF-4BF3-B80F-9897DC58A1F3.jpeg
    17E390AA-D9CF-4BF3-B80F-9897DC58A1F3.jpeg
    348.8 KB · Views: 158
  • Sponsors (?)

Thank you all for helping me on my build!

Sadly today when I was installing the REAR UPPER BRAKE HOSE BRACKET I stripped it. I was following LMR’s instructions to tight the screw to 35lbs n that was too much. So now have to replace thee bracket n flare the brake line

Any recommendations on how to do this?
What is the real torque on this?

Also, what’s the name of a rubber mount that is right above the rear gearsshaft

They do sell that bracket. I just replaced when I did my five lug conversion. I think I got it through LMR.
It’s two rivets to drill out, and then two new pop rivets to secure the new one.
Some guys have also used self tapping screws to reinstall.
As far as the flare..... you can probably go to your local Auto Zone, Advance, whatever is near you, and rent the flare tool. They’d probably have the fitting for the line as well.

Reactions: 1 user
They do sell that bracket. I just replaced when I did my five lug conversion. I think I got it through LMR.
It’s two rivets to drill out, and then two new pop rivets to secure the new one.
Some guys have also used self tapping screws to reinstall.
As far as the flare..... you can probably go to your local Auto Zone, Advance, whatever is near you, and rent the flare tool. They’d probably have the fitting for the line as well.
Do you know what the torque specs are? I was following Landens's video and he said 35lbs. Well 35 was too much and strippd the brass fitting. Plus the nut that is at the end fo the brake line is on their tight!!!

Attachments

• lrs-2073brkt_bda1f031.jpg
    lrs-2073brkt_bda1f031.jpg
    16.1 KB · Views: 81
  • IMG_9884[1].JPG
    IMG_9884[1].JPG
    313.8 KB · Views: 72
  • IMG_9887[1].JPG
    IMG_9887[1].JPG
    346.4 KB · Views: 85
Do you know what the torque specs are? I was following Landens's video and he said 35lbs. Well 35 was too much and strippd the brass fitting. Plus the nut that is at the end fo the brake line is on their tight!!!
Where is the clip that should be holding that fitting to the bracket in your picture?
35 sounds like a lot....... let me check out the video and see what he’s talking about.

• Agree
I watched the 5 lug conversion video I think you were looking at. Landon is talking about the the banjo bolt, which attaches the soft line to that fitting, when he mentions the 35ft/lbs.
That hard line that goes into the top of the fitting should be threaded in by hand and then snugged down.
It’s also much easier when that union is properly clipped into that bracket, as it is in the LMR picture.

And remember, two wrenches are always needed when installing these lines. One to hold the union to keep it from spinning, and the other to tighten the line, or the banjo bolt.

• Agree
Where is the clip that should be holding that fitting to the bracket in your picture?
35 sounds like a lot....... let me check out the video and see what he’s talking about.
O I have it. I took it off after Fighting with the nut for an hour. I could not take it off with the right type of wrench for the fitting. It’s like it’s welded on there. Now do you know if they sell that brake line? I will hate have to make one.

Try Classic Tube, Inline Tube, or SS Tubes online and they should have what you need. They sell a lot in kits, but I’m pretty sure you can buy that line on its own.

• Useful
  • Agree
Reactions: 1 users
Now, my next questions would be - Do I get the brake lines for the before the 5 lug conversation or after?

I've upgraded with the SVE/ 1994 Cobra front and rear calipers from LMR.

Attachments

• Part 2.JPG
    Part 2.JPG
    79.2 KB · Views: 79