1986 Ford Mustang GT

Been scouting out this 86 GT for sale lately and im getting pretty excited to test drive it in the next day or so. Also very excited to get into 5.0 land and hopefully rebuild and stroke it one day :).

I was wondering if any of you guys have any comments on this car and if there is anything i should look out for. Post pics if you got em!
This one im testing is essentially bone stock maybe with a smog delete and silencer removal. Ill be sure to look the car over real nice n good and giv it a good runnin to see how she holds up

• Sponsors (?)

Just be aware that there are a lot of little details about the '86 that are different from the '87-'93 cars... Stuff that takes special consideration when modifying the car and using '87-'93 specific parts.

Other than that, good luck and have fun! I love my '86!

i have been warned about the rust! i have been told to immediately look under the door framing etc.

I will keep that in mind from 86 to 87-93. I had a pretty good idea of the different parts for each via looking at latemodelresto catalog on the john lol

I fall in love with these 4 eyes more and more everyday

test drove it....tranny syncs are shot especially in first gear..car overall is in OK shape for bein an 86. its got 137k and hes askin $2k.. leaks a lil oil at intake mani somewhere..pulls real good though
may hold off to find a better condition fox body