1987-88 T-top OWNERS. Please enter. Photos NEEDED!!!

JustaMustangguy

Aug 14, 2009
1987-88 T-top OWNERS. Please enter. Photos Request!

If any of you owners are willing or have time to spare. I would appreciate it if you could take a bunch of close up photos. Some of all the specific t-top trim pieces. The end caps where the door frame was cut off. A few pictures of around the side mirrors to see how the cut was performed. And a photo of the interior with the ttops installed. Pictures of the interior trim pieces that are ttop specific and anything other photos like that. Exterior picutres with the ttops out. And any weather stripping pictures as well. The closer the photo the better. Anything photos would be appreciated. Thank you!

:flag:

Also, any one with any information about what is different between say a 1986 Mustang T-top and a 1987 Mustang T-top. Like what parts are interchangable and which parts are specific 1987. I'm looking for cars with the mirrors mounted in the normal spots(not convertable style). Thanks again!

• Sponsors (?)

the 87 and 88 t-top glass are the same but pre 1987 the t-top glass will fit but the guide is off when trying to lock the t-tops in place.i will try to snap some pics for you tomorrow mine is all apart right now.

i need pics of the interior as well, and all the molidngs in the area. and how the Headliner pieces work

how do you fix the wobbly glass in the t tops? mine seems a bit lose from the latch part.
Im also wondering what you guys painted that with.

i need pics of the interior as well, and all the molidngs in the area. and how the Headliner pieces work

how do you fix the wobbly glass in the t tops? mine seems a bit lose from the latch part.
Im also wondering what you guys painted that with.

No hijacking man. In all fairness. I need these photos and i don't want to go off topic. Make another thread.

You are talking about the roof glass correct? Not the door glass...

yes roof glass and as far as the door glass in the 87-88 t-tops they are specific to those cars meaning convertible ,hardtop and t-top glass is all different. you will need t-top glass there is a guy on corral right now who is buttoning up a t-top conversion on a svo.he cut the roof and swapped everything over.i don't know if that is what you are doing but it is a very cool project.just wait until you price the new rubber and new seals.i am probably going with a company called softseal but there are others out there .

good luck

When I get back out to my buddies house where my car is at the moment I will snap lots. My interior is out at the moment and my door panels are off. However, my headliner and roof trim are all installed. So I will do what I can w/o further insane disassembly.

No hijacking man. In all fairness. I need these photos and i don't want to go off topic. Make another thread.
we dont need 30 threads about t tops, i need the same thing you need why not just have one t top thread, Just like we dont need another "post your kewl ride here thread"

hopefully some has some time to take some pix

There shouldn't be. The '88 cars are different as that was the first year for the pedestal style mirrors on the 'vert and t-top cars.

The actual seals and trim peices pertaining to the actual t-top themselves didn't change IIRC over the 81-87 run.

The only two differences i can find between a 1986 GT Ttop and a 1987 TTop are the actually ttop roof glass and the weather stripping. The rest of it all appears to be the same. But i'm still looking for close up pictures of all the interior and how the door frames were cut off/plugged.

The only two differences i can find between a 1986 GT Ttop and a 1987 TTop are the actually ttop roof glass and the weather stripping. The rest of it all appears to be the same. But i'm still looking for close up pictures of all the interior and how the door frames were cut off/plugged.

i have tried earlier t-top glass from 1982-86 on both my 88 and my current 87 and they will sit but won't lock in the rod does not line up but can be done it really isn't an issue .i have 2 sets of doorglass from an 88 t-top with the pedal style mirrors.when i bought my 87 car the glass was pitted from weld sparks so i got rid of them.i don't know if they are different from 87 to 88 with or without pedal style mirrors.