Suspension 1988 suspension set up

Whitehorse88

Apr 3, 2018
I already know I will get a ton of opinions on this one but here we go. What is the best suspension set up for a street driven fox? I want to feel like I can take it to the track but I most likely won’t be able to(3 kids). I just bought the Fox recently and the suspension is very suspect. Serious bounce over small bumps. Almost like the springs were cut rather than buy lowering springs. I was looking at the SVE coil overs. The price is amazing. Has anyone used them? And what’s your opinions? I know there is more expensive set ups but on a children college paying budget. Would these work for my application. Fox has a 306 with gt40p upper. 65mm throttle. Full flowmaster exhaust no cats. I just want the feel for now.

• Sponsors (?)

My set up is:

Steeda Sport springs
Koni SRT.T shocks and struts
Eibach anti-roll bars
Ford Racing front lower A arms
Maximum Motorsports rear lower control arms
Maximum Motorsports stock upgraded upper control arms.

My set up is simple, rides good, is responsive, and has very little body roll.

Coil overs are sweet, but I would stay away from the SVE Chinese manufacturered ones. Maximum Motorsports makes a very high quality kit.

I’ve heard to stay away from them before but that they were good for the price. I’m willing to pay. That is kind of the issue(wife). I want the a good riding fox. As much of an Oxymoron that is.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user
I’ve heard to stay away from them before but that they were good for the price. I’m willing to pay. That is kind of the issue(wife). I want the a good riding fox. As much of an Oxymoron that is.

There are tons of cars out there running the sve coilovers without a problem. They are the same basic design as 98% of all other brands out there but maximum motorsport is the exception. They are top quality but your going to pay for it. On a budget occasional track car the sve co kit would be fine just be sure to do some research on what spring rate and strut/shock would best suite your goal for the car.

You can run stock, newer flowmaster and dynomax through a panhard bar.
I know the dynomax works to be fact, since my car sits on a lift in my garage with an mm panhard bar and the dynomax ultraflo welded kit (the pipes aren't welded, the mufflers are) kit I purposely purchased for the

I've had a lot of suspension parts.
If you don't want to do it twice, just stick to the entire maximum motorsports catalog.
Yes it's going to probably double the up front cost.
But in the long run it will save you money and headaches.

I run FRPP front A arms Tockico blues with Steeda sport springs. Out back FRPP upper control arms with rubber bushings (very important) and MM heavy duty non adjustable LCAs. Pretty close to what @Dan02gt runs. This setup is a proven combo by lots of members, for a fun street car that is middle of the road as far as performance/comfort. Not too harsh but it's fairly capable. You can interchange the springs and struts with different brands in the same performance level. For instance B springs, Eibach sport lines, Steeda, and whatever the H&R entry level spring is. I think the most important part of the setup is a good LCA and getting all of your worn out bushings replace.