1990 GT. 5 Lug Conversion - Wheel Options

cryptic26djp

Sep 29, 2018
Florida
Hey guys! I recently acquired the LMR 5 lug conversion - 31 spline kit (Item #LRS-4234B-K) for my '90 GT HB. I was wondering if the TSW Valencia Chrome would fit well. They measure at 17x9 (or 18x8) with +20 offset, 5x114.3 bolt pattern, and 76mm hub. If anyone knows of a similar wheel design that is better suited, I am all ears! Thank you in advance.

• Sponsors (?)

The Valencia is very similar to the SVE Series 1 or 3 wheels LMR has. I have the 18x9 & 10" series 1 on my car without any issues. I used 95GT spindles, 99GT calipers, and Yukon axles with Ranger drums.

image7.jpeg

Reactions: 1 users
285/35/18 rear and 265/35/18 front.
The rear wheels wouldn't fit with the factory exhaust pipes, so I had to cut them off. Aftermarket exhaust, that you can loosen and move around might be a different story. I also had preemptively removed the quad shocks. Not sure if I actually needed to do that or not. On the front I just had to give the fenders a few love taps with a hammer on the top of the arch. Not much at all, and only on the driver side.

@africansnowowl - appreciate the feedback! what size tires are/were you running on those wheels?

@nickyb - looks nice! i am going for that chrome look to compliment my black GT.
Thanks,if you do need front fender room,Please Please don't hammer on them.Buy or rent the fender roller.Thanks again.oh post pics please!

Reactions: 1 user
I def would not hammer on them. It seems you can find new fenders all day long online these days.
I am essentially compiling my list of supplies to rebuild my 90 GT. It has been parked in a storage unit for years.
I will post some pics when I get back to the Mustang and begin the rebuild. I still have at least 18 months left overseas.

digging this thread up a bit.....those are the wheels i was thinking of running with my conversion. which spindles and what axles are you using? what size tires do you have on there?

95 spindles,Fox length five lug 11.65 rotor centric ( lmr) I be live Moser street axle,245\45.17 inch

I have no issues rubbing. Don't know if 40 will fit outback, as I have 3 inch tailpipe and no room to spare.

Attachments

• IMG_20200417_165357_hdr.jpg
    IMG_20200417_165357_hdr.jpg
    525.8 KB · Views: 42