• Mustang Forums
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
  • Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech

Fuel 1990 installing edelBrock intake

  • Thread starter Thread starter Beaker
  • Start date Start date Monday at 8:29 PM
  • Tags Tags
    edelbrock flowtech head head swap intake vacuum lines
B

Beaker

Member
Oct 5, 2026
4
3
13
Canada
Monday at 8:29 PM
#1
  • Monday at 8:29 PM
  • #1
Hey
I’m trying to install a edelBrock performer rpm 2 on my 1990. There are 3 threaded holes I’m lost on. 1 goes to pcv, 1 goes to firewall (I think ). And the last one, the instruction says tee off and go to fuel pressure regulator and map sensor. I can figure out the fuel but I’m lost on where this is
HELP
 

rednotch

I'd like to remain having one chocolate starfish
Founding Member
Aug 14, 2000
1,441
665
143
south jersey
Monday at 9:01 PM
#2
  • Monday at 9:01 PM
  • #2
Map or bap is the small black box on firewall, only gets vaccum on none mass air cars..
 
B

Beaker

Member
Oct 5, 2026
4
3
13
Canada
Monday at 9:28 PM
#3
  • Monday at 9:28 PM
  • #3
Ok thanks. Kinda new to this. So if I have a maf sensor in my air intake, this means i have mass air and shouldn’t need vacuum?
Thanks
 

AeroCoupe

lube between the nut and the face. I know my lubes
Founding Member
Oct 28, 2001
6,161
4,251
183
Claremore, OK
Yesterday at 2:10 PM
#4
  • Yesterday at 2:10 PM
  • #4
That is correct. I will tell you that with a stock motor you will loose some bottom end power with the RPM II upper. I have this upper but its on a built 331 and it starts to build real power at about 3,000 rpm with my motor. Hopefully you got a good deal on it and are shooting to grow into the intake.
 

rednotch

I'd like to remain having one chocolate starfish
Founding Member
Aug 14, 2000
1,441
665
143
south jersey
Yesterday at 2:57 PM
#5
  • Yesterday at 2:57 PM
  • #5
Beaker said:
Ok thanks. Kinda new to this. So if I have a maf sensor in my air intake, this means i have mass air and shouldn’t need vacuum?
Thanks
Click to expand...
Yes on mass air cars its a BAP sensor and reads atmosphere pressure so no vaccum gets connected to it.
 
B

Beaker

Member
Oct 5, 2026
4
3
13
Canada
Yesterday at 3:54 PM
#6
  • Yesterday at 3:54 PM
  • #6
AeroCoupe said:
That is correct. I will tell you that with a stock motor you will loose some bottom end power with the RPM II upper. I have this upper but its on a built 331 and it starts to build real power at about 3,000 rpm with my motor. Hopefully you got a good deal on it and are shooting to grow into the intake.
Click to expand...
AeroCoupe said:
That is correct. I will tell you that with a stock motor you will loose some bottom end power with the RPM II upper. I have this upper but it’s on a built 331 and it starts to build real power at about 3,000 rpm with my motor. Hopefully you got a good deal on it and are shooting to grow into the intake.beauty
rednotch said:
Yes on mass air cars it’s a BAP sensor and reads atmosphere pressure so no vaccum gets connect
Click to expand...
Click to expand...
 
B

Beaker

Member
Oct 5, 2026
4
3
13
Canada
Yesterday at 3:55 PM
#7
  • Yesterday at 3:55 PM
  • #7
Beauty. Thanks. Yes it just got a fresh edelBrock intake and Florence heads with a Trickflow cam. Just waiting for throttle body. After that, I have a brand new vortech sitting on the flow waiting its turn
 
Reactions: DadLife0724, Potomus Pete and General karthief

AeroCoupe

lube between the nut and the face. I know my lubes
Founding Member
Oct 28, 2001
6,161
4,251
183
Claremore, OK
Yesterday at 6:14 PM
#8
  • Yesterday at 6:14 PM
  • #8
Well well well…I see you were holding out on us. Now a build thread will be needed with lots of pictures please.
 
Reactions: LILCBRA and DadLife0724

Noobz347

Stangnet Facilities Maint Tech... Er... Janitor
Admin Dude
Jan 4, 1985
43,387
21,589
234
Box behind Walmart
Yesterday at 10:39 PM
#9
  • Yesterday at 10:39 PM
  • #9
Beaker said:
I have a brand new vortech sitting on the flow waiting its turn
Click to expand...

That should help.
 
You must log in or register to reply here.

Similar threads

K
Resolved Weird sound coming from a freshly rebuilt 5.0L
  • karhoot
  • Jun 24, 2026
  • Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech
Replies
7
Views
294
Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech Jun 27, 2026
Mac131
K
Resolved Need some assistance. Holley Terminator X alongside H/C/I. Very rough/inconsistent idle
  • karhoot
  • Jun 6, 2026
  • Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech
Replies
0
Views
146
Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech Jun 6, 2026
karhoot
K
Resolved 93 Mustang 5.0 - Cranks but does not start
  • dan50
  • Jul 18, 2026
  • Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech
Replies
6
Views
355
Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech Jul 18, 2026
dan50
H
Engine 1987 5.0 HO vacuum hose locations
  • harryhaber
  • Jun 20, 2025
  • Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech
Replies
2
Views
568
Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech Jun 21, 2025
limp
Engine Random Misfire at idle.
  • Gulftown980x
  • Jul 29, 2026
  • SN95 4.6L Mustang Tech
Replies
11
Views
453
SN95 4.6L Mustang Tech Jul 31, 2026
squeak93
Share:
Bluesky Email Share Link
  • Mustang Forums
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
  • Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech
Menu
Log in

Register

  • Forums
  • What's new
  • Media
  • Resources
  • Contact
  • Sponsor
X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?

X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?