1990 msPnP will pay someone for tune help houston

Recently installed msPnP 2 in my fox and car drives great, better than ever but has some idle issues. Fixed the initial start up high idle but it now fluctuates a bit. Would like some help to get it squared away so I can drive and enjoy the few weeks of nice weather we have upon us.
Jason 281-755-7839. In pearland

• Sponsors (?)

OK so after doing some looking around on your tune file i have made a few changes to give you closed loop idle control. I noticed that the EGO correction is setup for a narrow band sensor.... are you tuning with a narrowband??? if you have a wideband we need to make some changes to set that up correctly.

Attachments

• FOXBOD REV1.0.0.msq
    117.1 KB · Views: 143
I have a Innovate wideband O2 sensor but it is not wired through msPnP, it is wired as it previously was setup before I installed msPnP. The AF ratio is almsot identical to what is shown in tuner studio so I did nto change the wiring setup to wire it into msPNP. Will closed loop idle work with AC? I will give it a try, thanks for your help.

Ok, that can be caused by alot of things. If the WBo2 is not wired into the mspnp2 it needs to be so real ego control can be used. Also can you get me a datalog of the car running with your old tune file for me. This will show me how the car is reacting.

What AFR is the car idling at?

Recently installed msPnP 2 in my fox and car drives great, better than ever but has some idle issues. Fixed the initial start up high idle but it now fluctuates a bit. Would like some help to get it squared away so I can drive and enjoy the few weeks of nice weather we have upon us.
Jason 281-755-7839. In pearland
Idle is the hardest thing to get right. If I told you how long it too me to get it as good as factory new, you would give up now. (LOL)
I used to do engine controllers for a living, designing the test hardware not the "tune". There were hundreds of guys doing the "tune".
Idle fluctuation or oscillation is probably the most common problem. The cause can be one or more of the following: fuel, spark, AFR, TS setting.
Better to stay in open-loop until all options are exhausted.
The engine specifics are always helpful. Put them in your signature.

just got back from being out of town, I will get this info and respond soon. Car idles around 12.9 AFR but fluctuates between 12.9 and 14 with idle fluctuation. I appreciate everyone's input. Blown88GT, yes this is why I was looking for someone with more experience than I have with tuner studio. Engine specifics in my signature now.

1990 GT T5 - Rebuilt 302 running Trick Flow 170 heads, GT40 Tubular 1/2 phenolic spacer, comp cam XE264HR, comp 1.6 magnum rockers, 70 MM tb with EGR delete spacer, fenderwell cold air, AFPR, ford racing GT40P headers, 24Lb injectors, MSD Street Fire CD Ignition, MSPnPII ECM.

I haven't been very active on here lately but I live in Houston and tune a good number of mustangs with megasquirt systems. I'm really busy with work nowadays but maybe I could help if you get hung up.

That would be great. I have also been busy recently and still trying to find time to wire up my wideband to the ECU. I will let you know once I get this done. Not in a hurry, just want to finally get the car done since I have been working on it for a couple years now.

If this is just idle, we may be able to just get connected on Teamviewer and I can remotely tune the idle while you sit there and watch. All it takes is a wifi connection wherever the car is located. You'll definitely need to get the wideband analog outputs connected to the ECU first.

Did some reading and mspnp2 instructions say to either use the optional pin connector and wire the lc1 analog out 2 brown wire to pin21 on the optional pin connector OR splice the analog out 2 brown wire to the existing o2 wire. I plan on using the optional serial pin connector and connecting analog out 2 brown wire to pin 21 on the serial connector and plug into the msPnP2. My question is do I need to completely disconnect my stock o2 sensors (both of them) when I wire in the wideband? Instructions say if using pin connector you must disconnect stock o2 sensor (singular not plural).