1990 msPnP will pay someone for tune help houston

Did some reading and mspnp2 instructions say to either use the optional pin connector and wire the lc1 analog out 2 brown wire to pin21 on the optional pin connector OR splice the analog out 2 brown wire to the existing o2 wire. I plan on using the optional serial pin connector and connecting analog out 2 brown wire to pin 21 on the serial connector and plug into the msPnP2.

1. My question is do I need to completely disconnect my stock o2 sensors (both of them) when I wire in the wideband? Instructions say if using pin connector you must disconnect stock o2 sensor (singular not plural).
1. No. They are idiots. There is a jumper inside that you have to remove to use pin-21 (Oxygen sensor input) on the Options Port. This bypasses the stock O2 sensor wiring, so no need to unplug them. If you don't remove the jumper, the MS will be looking at the WB & NB simultaneously & the reading will be garbage.
I've told DIY many times to change this documentation & they never do.
You can perform a continuity test from the center pin on J6 to pin-21 to prove that they are connected to each other.
connectors13.jpg

Several jumpers are located on the lower, black circuit board inside the MSPNP. These are accessible by removing the top cover and are indicated as depicted below. However, these dictate the platform with which the MSPNP is design for. The only jumper that should be changed, if desired, is J6.
jumpers.jpg

Place a jumper between "O2 Sensor" and "J8-29" to connect the right bank OE O2 sensor the MSPNP. Likewise, connect the jumper between "O2 Sensor" and "J8-43" to connect the left bank OE O2 sensor.

https://www.diyautotune.com/product/megasquirtpnp-g2-eec4a8-for-86-93-ford-mustang-5-0/
http://www.megasquirtpnp.com/docs/mspnp_g2_genInstall.php?boardVer=13&isModel=2
http://www.megasquirtpnp.com/docs/mspnp_g2_eec4a8.php?isModel=1

Last edited:
  • Sponsors (?)

No I understand, I'm just trying to get it hooked up with least amount of effort. It's a pain in the ass to get the ecu in and out...I've done it more than I wanted to in previously dealing with the sct chip before I got megasquirt. Either I remove ecu and open it and change jumper settings to read only the wideband on pin 21 and disconnect stock o2 OR I can splice the wideband into the stock o2 wire without changing jumper settings to ready wideband using the stock o2 wire. Is that not correct? I am by no means as educated on the mspnp2 as you guys are.

1. No I understand, I'm just trying to get it hooked up with least amount of effort. It's a pain in the ass to get the ecu in and out...I've done it more than I wanted to in previously dealing with the sct chip before I got megasquirt.
2. Either I remove ecu and open it and change jumper settings to read only the wideband on pin 21 and disconnect stock o2 OR
3. I can splice the wideband into the stock o2 wire without changing jumper settings to ready wideband using the stock o2 wire.
4. Is that not correct? I am by no means as educated on the mspnp2 as you guys are.
1. I'm sorry, but you still don't understand.
2. Not necessary to disconnect stock o2.
3. Sort of, you still need a WB controller, spliced in, too.
4. Not exactly. The easiest way without splicing wires or removing anything is to do #1 & disconnect nothing.

1 (cont'd). For the time being, you can lay the ECU on the passenger floor. The kick panel location is a PIA. My version wouldn't fit (they didn't admit it until I called them to task). I just mounted it under the dash along with the WB controller. The WB also needs a relay; you have to shove that inside the kick panel. too. The factory harness will reach. If your passenger has big feet, it could be a problem. (LOL)
ECU  Mounting.jpg

I like that mounting for the MS. I tried routing the connecting wire through the kickpanel and out of the glove box, but because the MS mounts with the input wire on top...the wire got all bent and became almost disconnected. I gotta look at that set up..

I like that mounting for the MS. I tried routing the connecting wire through the kickpanel and out of the glove box, but because the MS mounts with the input wire on top...the wire got all bent and became almost disconnected. I gotta look at that set up..
Something wrong with what you said, "MS mounts with the input wire on top".
Nope, it mounts the same as the EEC-IV.
See all the pics here: http://www.megasquirtpnp.com/docs/mspnp_g2_eec4a8.php?isModel=1
My DIYPNP's case is 3/8" thicker than the MSPNPG2 case.

Last edited:
What? My tuning serial port is on top of my MS3. that area that my port goes in goes in first into the kick panel...so its on top
Never heard anyone calling it an "input wire".
Yes. Serial port is on the opposite end from the Ford 60-pin. Get a 9-pin serial port cable M-F extension cable & never disconnect it.
The one with the blue ends in the pic.
Serial port extension cable.JPG

Last edited:
@Blown88GT
So I am running my wb through pins 21 and 22 on the options port. I have no nbs in the car do I need to remove the jumper inside on the j6 terminal? Also is that the proper way to ground the wb using the signal ground terminal or should should ground it to the body where the ecu is grounded?
Thanks merry Christmas

@Blown88GT

1. So I am running my wb through pins 21 and 22 on the options port.
2. I have no nbs in the car do I need to remove the jumper inside on the j6 terminal?
3. Also is that the proper way to ground the wb using the signal ground terminal or should should ground it to the body where the ecu is grounded?
Thanks merry Christmas
1. WB Signal on pin 21, don't use pin 22 if using the controller & diagram below.
2. Yes. MS2 only supports one O2 sensor signal, i.e. left, right or OP pin-21
3. Do not confuse signal returns with grounds. They are usually not the same. The Innovate LC2 has a wiring diagram. They recommend an
extra relay for the controller. Mine is a bit different, I used a spare pin on the Ford 60-pin connector for the signal. Don't use Options Port pin 22. Doing both grounds is worse, could create a ground loop which can mess up all the signals. Very complicated & technical, most degreed EE's don't understand it. It's more of an art that a science. Google "single point grounding" which give power grounding but most results don't deal with low level computer type signals.
If you're brave, read this: https://www.analog.com/en/analog-dialogue/articles/staying-well-grounded.html
1st paragraph pretty much sums it up.
These guys (Analog Devices) make the "chips" & are the experts. I hate that term "chips" but that's what everyone has heard of.
2018-03-10_080526.jpg

M.C. & H.N.Y. to you, too.

Reactions: 1 user
Sorry to leave everyone hanging on this for so long. I finally found someone to tune my car and make the changes needed to get my megaquirt setup correctly. Car just got finished but I haven't picked it up yet. Will update everyone on the results. I went to Engine Logics in Houston, Brad is the ONLY person I have found that has experience with Tuner Studio.

Not sure what the tune cost alone was, I'll let you know when I go get it tomorrow. I had a few other things done while it was there too. I'll post the tune file too. I had them hook thw wideband up to the ECU like you told me too so that was part of the work they did as well.

Reactions: 1 user
Lol, I was gonna hit you up about remote tuning your car live for you but I stepped back when 5.0thunder said he was close by. It's nice to be able to take it somewhere and have it done in person though. I hope she runs like you want her too.